Re: Can I reference Tokens in MyTokens to use in Email?

Roy_Hegger1
Level 2

Can I reference Tokens in MyTokens to use in Email?

I would like to build parts of an email using MyTokens.

Many email would reference this MyToken.  This way, when updates need to be made, I can update the MyToken instead of updating each of the emails.

It makes sense, but using the Rich Text token, and inputting Token values (i.e. {{lead.First Name}}), will come across as just that, "Hey {{lead.First Name}}," 

Is there a way to make my MyToken's use Token values when delivered in email?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Roy_Hegger1
Level 2

So, it would appear I can use the Email Script to design my email copy and include Tokens.  Does this allow me to input Default values?

This may seem picky but, I was hoping I could use the Rich Text token because it is more 'user-friendly', than the look of 'coding' in the Email Script editor. 

I have a user that would like to modify their emails, but are intimidated by the Email Script editor but not the Rich Text editor.  While this can be solved with training, I'm also interested in making things as easy as possible for this particular user. 

Any thoughts on designing emails using my.Rich Text tokens vs. my.Email Script tokens?

Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​ to continue (Move link is at the right).

Nesting Lead and Company (as well as Opportunity and Custom Object) values inside of other tokens is a job for Velocity ("email script") tokens.

You can search the Community (and expert tips at http://blog.teknkl.com/tag/velocity) for lots and lots of examples.