Re: Can I choose snippet with token?

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Can I choose snippet with token?

I have this situation.

Many business units and a single large program template.

For each business unit a different footer.

At the momemem we clone the template and we go through many assets to change the snippet. ( I dont want many templates as it is complicated and I want a standard one)

I was trying to use choose the snippets as local token, no success yet, but I am wondering if someone in the community came up with a solution.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

You can't use a snippet within a token, but you could simply build your token to contain the footer content for each business unit.

How is it determined which footer to show? If it's a value or segment on the contact record, you could simply have a velocity token with the relevant conditional rule, then the output value is the entire HTML markup of that footer version, then go down your list of versions that way. 

Biggest downside to this solution is that managing your footer is now baked within a token, and also clicks to your unsub/etc. may not be tracked since the URLs themselves would be compiled within the token. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Biggest downside to this solution is that managing your footer is now baked within a token, and also clicks to your unsub/etc. may not be tracked since the URLs themselves would be compiled within the token. 

The links will be tracked. It's only when you use variables or advanced reparsing logic in Velocity that you have to worry about tracking.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I assume each business unit has its own folder in the tree in Marketing Activities? If that's the case, you could put a "My Token" on each top-level folder for each BU, which contains the HTML of the footer. The Program Token will cascade down to the Program. The folder that contains the Program Template also needs to have the same "My Token". It needs to be on the Folder, not on the Program, because a Token on the Program overrides a token on the Folder, and in this case we want to Footer specified in the new folder. 

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

This is a very good solution. 

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Good solution, just the laguage segmentation is missing.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Diego Lineros‌ you can create a Token for each Language, then using dynamic content in the footer area to pull in the right Token.