SOLVED

Re: Can I capture multiple email addresses in a form to send emails?

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Can I capture multiple email addresses in a form to send emails?

Hello,

We have created a process that allows our sales agents to send "triggered" emails to customers using a Marketo form and landing page. The way it works is the sales agent goes to our landing page and fills out the form below, entering the email address that should receive the email (Member's Membermaint Email Address) + the agent's information:

Guitarrista82_1-1684961410608.png

Upon clicking "Send Email", some of the information that the agent enters in the form populates the agent trigger tokens in the email:

Agent trigger email example.png

Recently, one of our agents asked us if it's possible for us to set up a way for them to enter multiple member email addresses into a single field, then send these email addresses the same email, populated with the agent's information.

I have seen a couple of articles mentioning this could be accomplished with JavaScript, but they did not provide details or instructions on how to set this up.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how? Please provide step-by-step instructions.

Thank you,

LK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It actually doesn't make a difference if Munchkin is enabled on the referral page. The only important part is not sending the existing Munchkin cookie with the form post.

Even if you disable Munchkin, the session will be associated with the referred lead unless you take the cookie out of the form post (which my linked code does).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Your developers can follow the standard Referral Form pattern shown here: MktoForms2 :: Referral v2.0.2

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Sanford,

It looks like only one email address can be added in the email address fields. Is it possible to add more using a comma in between?

Thank you,

Laura

Amanda_Reilly3
Level 3

Is there a reason not to use a list upload instead? 

Wanting to note that I've seen this done in other instances where they forgot to turn off Munchkin code on the landing page, which then associates it to the sales rep as well as all inferred information - I'd double check this is the case for your form as well! 

Amanda Reilly
Marketing Operations Consultant at Etumos
SanfordWhiteman

It actually doesn't make a difference if Munchkin is enabled on the referral page. The only important part is not sending the existing Munchkin cookie with the form post.

Even if you disable Munchkin, the session will be associated with the referred lead unless you take the cookie out of the form post (which my linked code does).

SanfordWhiteman

This version supports a comma-delimited list of email addresses: MktoForms2 :: Referral v2.1.2 (support multiple)

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Thanks Sanford!

I tried entering my email address, along with the default one and got this error message:

Guitarrista82_0-1685126446245.png

Am I doing something wrong?

SanfordWhiteman

You’re using the wrong form field.

Your Email is you — the referrer.

Referral Emails is the other people — the referral(s).

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Sandy, 

I apologize for the delay in responding--was on PTO.

Not sure why I missed that, but thanks for clarifying.

All the best,

LK