SOLVED

Re: Can filter constraints have 'and' filters instead of 'any' of the values listed

Go to solution
Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Can filter constraints have 'and' filters instead of 'any' of the values listed

I'm in the process of setting up smart campaigns to support some new channel and tag values. I'm wanting to create multiple programs and subsequent SCs to report on success in our PPC campaigns.

Is it possible to have 'and' logic in the filter constraints within a SC instead of 'any'? I realise you can do this between different filter values but can't see where to do this within constraint values where multiple fields are selected.

For example, in the below I want the querystring to contain 'brand', 'CPC' AND 'Google' - is this possible?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,
Ellie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can filter constraints have 'and' filters instead of 'any' of the values listed

You can do this with a combination of Triggers AND filters. Just make sure the logic between the green filters is AND.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Josh_Hill13

You can do this with a combination of Triggers AND filters. Just make sure the logic between the green filters is AND.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you will need multiple triggers/filters for this.  The first is a trigger and the next are filters

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Great - thanks both. Would the below be correct? I've made sure the filters are 'and'.pastedImage_0.png

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

I've done a test with the above SC and unfortunately hasn't worked/pulled in any results - any ideas what changes I need to make?

Thanks,
Ellie

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is that asterisk literally in the URL?

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

No it's not - that was a typo! I had removed this before testing.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please provide an exact link (copied directly from a lead's Activity Log with a ​Clicks Link on Web Page ​activity) that you are trying to match.

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. When I've gone in a leads activity log they only display the main url without the utm values but here is an example of a link I'm trying to match with one of my SCs: https://www.peninsulagrouplimited.com/free-downloads/maternity-paternity-parental-leave/?utm_source=...

Based on the above link, I've also had another play around with the SC and populated with 'webpage is any' - then referral source 'bing', medium 'cpc' and campaign name contains 'maternity' but no luck

Dan_Stevens_

If the info isn't contained in the activity log, it will not be able to be reported on.  Are you looking at the "referrer URL" (rather than the "webpage URL")?  Here is where you would see the complete URL, including the URL parameters.