SOLVED

Campaign Warning: Problem with flow step with choice added

Go to solution
Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Campaign Warning: Problem with flow step with choice added

Hey everybody,

I recently ran through some of our online advertising programs, and updated some flow steps to override acquisition program if a person was created less than 24 hours ago. This is one of the rare scenarios in our case that we want to change the acquisition program so that we're properly attributing our advertising programs.

I woke up this morning to a couple of Campaign Warning errors in my notifications. Both look like this..

pastedImage_0.png

And here is the associated flow step...

pastedImage_1.png

Is there some constraint around the "Created At" parameter that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: Campaign Warning: Problem with flow step with choice added

Dug into this a bit more - and I the issue is actually with the Acquisition Program field itself. It is a system locked field not editable. You can only edit if empty. Therefore you should setup your program so anyone new entering the system is attributed to the Online Advertising program.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nicholas_Hajdin

Haven't seen this before - and not sure it would resolve the issue, but you can try changing 24 hours to 1 day.

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

That's what I was thinking about trying. I've flipped it on that campaign, and will go ahead and monitor.

Additionally, this was the other flow step that was causing an error, but it was erroring out on Choice 2 in this instance:

pastedImage_0.png

Both errors say that the "Number of People Affected: 0" so it's not too big of a deal right now, but I updated a lot of these programs last night and want to stay ahead of it.

Nicholas_Hajdin

Dug into this a bit more - and I the issue is actually with the Acquisition Program field itself. It is a system locked field not editable. You can only edit if empty. Therefore you should setup your program so anyone new entering the system is attributed to the Online Advertising program.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Could you just add that filter to your smart campaign trigger rules? If [Trigger] and [Acquisition Program] = Blank?

Nicholas_Hajdin

Yes, typically this would be Person fills out form: Change Program Status > Member, which will then attribute program acquisition to the Online Advertising program (if new person or program acquisition is empty).

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

So there's no way to clear out the Acquisition Program once it's been set? Ideally, I could just set up a final smart campaign for each program that basically says...

Smart List

If person is a member of [this program]

AND

Acquisition Program is NOT [this program]

AND

Created < 24 hours ago

Flow

1. Set Acquisition Program to NULL

2. Set Acquisition Program to [this program]

Nicholas_Hajdin

You cannot NULL the acquisition program once it's set. If the person was already acquired through another program, why are you trying to re-assign acquisition? They should still be a member of the campaign, in which you can attribute program success. If you are looking into multi-touch attribution, you may want to investigate further into attribution modeling or a tool like Bizible.

There are more details regarding the field read/write rules for acquisition program in this post: Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

That's what I figured.

We're currently using Unbounce for our PPC landing pages (and this might be the nail in the coffin there). Basically, we're directing people to fill out a form to download a particular asset. That form often belongs to a program for that specific asset, which is where the Acquisition is being set, as opposed to the advertising program that effectively brought them to that asset. The form fill is instantaneous whereas the Advertising Program campaigns take a second too long to properly grab that Acquisition Program.

Hence, why I'm trying to overwrite that Acquisition Program if they have certain UTM values populated that tie back to the Advertising Programs