SOLVED

Re: Campaign Sync and Flow Step Necessity

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign Sync and Flow Step Necessity

When using the SFDC Campaign Sync in the set up of any Marketo Program, do I still need to use flow steps for the following instances?

• Does a new lead still get assigned according to our assignment rules?
    • Usually we include an Add To SFDC (with status) flow step OR an Assign to SFDC Owner (specific or rule generated) flow step to ensure it is assigned correctly (see images)

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 4.37.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 4.39.31 PM.png

• If a lead reaches a status that we have set as a Success in our Tags, do we need to still include a Program Success step in the flow?
    • Currently, we have a Change Program Success flow step that identifies that in the associated campaign

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 4.38.03 PM.pngIf the SFDC Campaign Sync item removes the need for those additional steps, we can clear up our campaigns significantly!

Thanks in advance for any information

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

There are 2 questions in one here :

1. Do you need to add "sync to SFDC campaign" flow step is the campaign is synch'ed with a program. The answer is NO, and Marketo ignores these flow steps if the campaign is synch'ed with a Marketo program
  2. Once a program is synch'ed with a campaign, all leads you add to the program will be pushed to SFDC and added to the campaign. Your second question was : will the SFDC lead assignment rules be executed at that moment. The answer is YES ONLY for newly created leads. For the leads that were already in SFDC, assignement rules witll not run again. Hence this idea :   You will also see in the idea comments that I have a workaround for this problem until Marketo fixes it.

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Michelle,

Without knowing exactly how your campaigns are set up, here are a few pointers.

• When you are syncing to a campaign, there are a number of Implied Salesforce Actions​ so, as long as you use assignment rules at the SFDC side, you should not need any additional steps.
  • The Change Program Success​ flow step might not be best one to use, but you possibly need to use Change Program Status instead.
  • Note that once you change the program status in the Marketo program, the progressions status in the Marketo program will sync to the corresponding SFDC Campaign as campaign member status.
  • Lastly, I would recommend a central Sync Lead to SFDC point, rather than syncing at the individual campaign level - it can get rather complex and difficult to manage.

Additionally, see if these articles help: Understanding Program Membership​, SFDC Sync: Campaign Sync and Sync an SFDC Campaign with a Program.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another thing to keep in mind when syncing Programs to SFDC Campaigns:

• all leads that become Members will be sent to SFDC.
  • Thus, you must have good Lead Assignment Rules if you are holding leads back from Sales, placing leads into Queues
  • Marketo will throw an error if you try to use Add to SFDC Campaign inside a synced program, as it is redundant.

And whatever Alex said

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

There are 2 questions in one here :

1. Do you need to add "sync to SFDC campaign" flow step is the campaign is synch'ed with a program. The answer is NO, and Marketo ignores these flow steps if the campaign is synch'ed with a Marketo program
  2. Once a program is synch'ed with a campaign, all leads you add to the program will be pushed to SFDC and added to the campaign. Your second question was : will the SFDC lead assignment rules be executed at that moment. The answer is YES ONLY for newly created leads. For the leads that were already in SFDC, assignement rules witll not run again. Hence this idea :   You will also see in the idea comments that I have a workaround for this problem until Marketo fixes it.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for such a succinct answer Gregoire!

Your information, couple with the answers from Josh and Alex have completely answered the questions I had, and it looks like we were assuming correctly in both of these instances.

Campaign Sync here we come

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

You are welcome.

If you want the link to the workaround, follow me, and I'll DM you the link to the salesforce package.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire - I have followed you now and would love to get some more information on that item and its workaround.

Happy Wednesday!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Michelle,

sent

-Greg