Re: Campaign logs via API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign logs via API

Hi,

Does anyone know how to capture campaign logs via API in Marketo?

I'm looking for troubleshooting campaign that run on daily batch and want to identify campaign failed root cause via logs.

Is this something that can be done using API to pass the campaign log info on a recurrent basis?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

There is currently no endpoint to access the campaign results.  Your screenshot isn't showing any campaign failures, it's saying that 22 people qualified for the "Do Nothing" choice in your Flow step.  True campaign failures generate notifications in the notification center.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven Vanderberg​,

Thanks for the reply.

The snapshot was just an example. We are looking for the campaign logs specially around:

1. When was campaign last kicked off

2. When did campaign finished processing

3. Campaign Error details if there were any errors processing some of the leads etc.

Is this something that can be pulled via an API in Marketo?

Idea is to retrieve the logs in an automated fashion so that if any error occurs of if campaign takes a while to complete, we can take some action to fix/optimize this.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Waqas, at this time there is not.  Most campaign details have to be inspected from the UI.  The most you can get from the API is the type of the campaign and when it was last updated.  http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#/Campaig...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steven Vanderberg

I've another question, a slightly different one but related to Campaigns.

We are looking to generate a campaign execution/statistics report and I'm looking to extract campaign execution metadata via API's.

The two fields Im interested to extract from every campaign execution are:

i. CampaignID

ii. CampaignRunID

I know there are few lead activities which pulls this information with each activity record. But some activities like "Add to List" doesn't provide CampaignRunID.

Is there a way I can just pull the campaign execution metadata (campaignID, CampaignRunID association) via some API?

This will allow my custom report read this data and merge all activities together with different campaign executions.

Thanks in anticipation !

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's the same answer (and you have another thread open with the same question, which is confusing).