SOLVED

Re: Campaign - How to request a smart campaign

Go to solution
Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Campaign - How to request a smart campaign

We have 8 emails going out on different days in the week.

I can't use Nurture Channel because we can only use weekly / monthly casts. Here I am sending email day 1 then day 10.

Once the people go through these emails....is there a way to "add new people" to this campaign so they run through email 1 -> email 8. Is there a way to request a smart campaign?

Ex: Say "member of list" -> start from send email 1 -> send email 2-> and so on. I tried using this...see below:

See the smart campaign:

pastedImage_0.png

flow step:

pastedImage_1.png

this is what I used to add new people in the campaign:

List of people:

pastedImage_4.png

Smart campaign:

Smart list:

pastedImage_5.png

Flow:

pastedImage_6.png

but, the "requested campaign" shows nothing......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That is correct, however, you don't always need another smart campaign with the flow step "request campaign" since you could run a flow action manually as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

I believe you would use the trigger "Added to List," which would automatically run someone through the requested campaign once need be. As far as using the flow step for Request Campaign, this post should help you in guiding you through the process of how to work those filters/triggers. Once you have an activated Smart Campaign within a program, you should be able to see that within the "Request Campaign" flow step.

can someone explain how "campaign is requested" works?

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Bryan, thank you I will try this way.

Devraj_Grewal

Nimisha,

In order to make a specific smart campaign a requested campaign, the smart campaign's smart list must include the trigger "Campaign is Requested".

More info:

Request Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Setting Up a Trigger Smart Campaign for Sales Using "Campaign is Requested" - Marketo Docs - Product...

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Oh that clarifies it Devraj.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

So will the smart campaign be two separate campaigns?

What I mean is do I make one smart campaign triggered "campaign is requested" and then another smart campaign with flow step "requested campaign"?

Devraj_Grewal

That is correct, however, you don't always need another smart campaign with the flow step "request campaign" since you could run a flow action manually as well.