Calendar Invite

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar Invite

Is there a way to have the calendar invite token to send a reminder 15 minutes before the event in outlook? it doesn't default to a reminder, and I was wondering if there was a way to do so.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Calendar Invite

no, because this is a personal setting on Outlook.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Josh Reminders can indeed be part of standard ICS files. They are not only local settings. @Ashley P see https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/855f5de0-2f39-41ad-8380-e8b35d7c82dd/valarm-in-outlook?forum=outlookdev . I don't off-the-top if Marketo can include the VALARM but you can build an ICS that does and link to that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford - I built an ICS file outside of Marketo that includes a 15 minute reminder. I have saved the file on my computer. Now I am unsure how I can add this file to a Marketo email. Do I upload it to the Design Studio files folder or something?

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, just upload the asset to anywhere that's publicly accessible!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - thanks. That's working for the HTML version of the email. The Text version doesn't work, though, b/c the URL for the ICS file has a space in it - which doesn't render correctly in my Text version.

SanfordWhiteman

Well... you shouldn't have any spaces in URLs!  It's bound to cause problems with text-only clients, which are forced to use their "intuition" about clickable-looking links since they don't have such thing as an <A> tag.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh! I figured it out. Marketo uploader thing didn't like that I had a (2) at the end of the file name that I uploaded - so that is why they added spaces to the link.

I renamed the file without parenthesis and uploaded it again - and now it should work in both HTML and Text. Nice!

Thanks -