SOLVED

Re: Bulk Lead Extract API questions

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, CSV isn't only for SQL exports, but it's not not a SQL export, either, since the values have no inherent meaning outside of some data domain. Like you said, CSV is a generic format.  I just don't see either variant as correct, because honoring null as a separate value is appropriate (it can be a separate value on the back end) and that's lost in the UI version, while separating empty values from null is also important, and that's lost in the API version. If this were not oversimplified and gave single-quoted strings or unquoted null, everyone would be happy!

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

Sanford,

This is the last post I'll make on this, I'm not sure what your motive is for arguing, but to me this is pretty clear.

The CSV export of the _same data_ from the UI is, in my opinion, correct. The reason given for including ,null, in my opinion, is not a good one, beccause CSV != JSON. There is indeed a precedent in Marketo, and that precedent for CSV is that ,null, is not used, and that ,, is used. I believe they made a mistake here, and the mistake is that they applied the JSON null representation into CSV when they had a perfectly reasonable CSV implementation for the same data already. Thanks for your counter opinion, but I personally believe it's incorrect, since the existing CSV export that they have represents it the way I'm expecting it here.

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

My other response didn't post for some reason. Thanks for #1 request, and thanks for #4. Appreciate all your answers.

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

Hi there David Everly​, regarding:

4. You can determine if the instance supports updatedAt by calling Create Export Lead Job endpoint.  If not supported, tou will receive an error 1035, "Unsupported filter type for target subscription".

We do this, it's fine, but do you know, will the servers/APIs that currently do not support the updatedAt filter be getting an update to support that in the future?

David_Everly
Marketo Employee

Yes, in the future all subscriptions will support this feature.

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

Do you know if it's near-future or far-future?

Also what are the types of subscriptions that don't have this feature? We want to have something in our documentation about how they know and what the ramifications are.

We would also love an approximate date for our own planning, if that kind of thing is available. Even things like "first half 2018, maybe" is a good answer as is "it's not currently on our internal roadmap but we will be planning this out over the next few months so feel free to ask again in 3 months."

Very many thank yous in advance

Thank you David Everly

David_Everly
Marketo Employee

Sorry, but there is no date currently available.  I recommend that you check back in 3 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

Is upgrading all subscriptions to support updatedAt-based filtering on the roadmap yet?

Jeremy_Gilbrea1
Level 1

Is there an ETA for when all subscriptions will support updatedAt attribute?

Jeremy_Gilbrea1
Level 1

Hi Kurt Koller,

Were you able to get enough info to build out the "UpdatedAt" documentation? If so would you by chance be willing to share that part of your docs? I am in the process of crafting guidance around this exact thing as our integration is filtered by it as well. Would love to have it as a guide if you would be willing.

Best