Bulk Import - Skip/Reject Record

Andrew_Burch
Level 1

Bulk Import - Skip/Reject Record

Hello, Is there any reason Marketo's bulk import API would reject or skip a record? I'm having trouble with a very specific record not getting passed even though my DB admin is saying it's in our staging file that's sent to Marketo. It seems all other records are being processed successfully (I think) except for this one. Please help me understand what might cause this.

2 REPLIES 2
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Bulk Import - Skip/Reject Record

@Andrew_Burch ,

<facetious>
  Dear Doctor, can you tell me why my leg hurts?  My Wife says I have a leg.  My other leg doesn't hurt
</facetious>

Seriously however, this would be a lot easier if you provided any logging info, a sample of the file (especially including the record that isn't getting loaded) etc.

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Bulk Import - Skip/Reject Record

even though my DB admin is saying it's in our staging file that's sent to Marketo.

So... is it in the file?  This is a critical element. If it’s not in the file there’s no reason to chase down any other cause.

Do you get a rejection report that includes this lead?

Are you using email address as the lookup key — and if so, are you sure there aren’t 2 leads with the same email address? Are you looking up using another field that isn’t guaranteed unique? (Only one will ever be updated by a single import.)

The bulk import will not skip anything if there’s a way to find the record and if the fields all validate.