SOLVED

blocked records in program

Go to solution
stacenic
Level 3

blocked records in program

question - I need some clarification around PEOPLE and BLOCKED when creating a smart list for an email program (same can be true for engagement program) 

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 12.57.16 PM.png

are PEOPLE the total number of records that fit the criteria I set but then I need to subtract the BLOCKED to get the true number of records that will be emailed? so really only 4265 will be eligible to receive this email 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: blocked records in program

Yea, the PEOPLE total INCLUDES the Blocked people. You'd do the subtraction to get the actual number that will receive the email. 

A lot of firms create high level segmentations that basically categorize people as 'marketable' or emailable or something, then use that on all their emails in addition to their normal smart list filters. In that segmentation, you'd basically mark anyone who's unsubscribed, suspended, email invalid, etc., as non-marketable, so that "BLOCKED" number becomes 0 all the time.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: blocked records in program

Yea, the PEOPLE total INCLUDES the Blocked people. You'd do the subtraction to get the actual number that will receive the email. 

A lot of firms create high level segmentations that basically categorize people as 'marketable' or emailable or something, then use that on all their emails in addition to their normal smart list filters. In that segmentation, you'd basically mark anyone who's unsubscribed, suspended, email invalid, etc., as non-marketable, so that "BLOCKED" number becomes 0 all the time.