SOLVED

Re: Block Lead and Contact from SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Lead and Contact from SFDC

Hi,

I have a specific requirement, I want to block certain set of Leads and Contacts from syncing to Marketo, we have marked/tagged these with a Specific Lead Source, is there a way to do it without creating a record type in SFDC.

Thanks,

CK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi C.K,

Advice: post your questions to products, many more people will read them and be likely to answer.

The best way is to create a "sync with Marketo" field in SFDC, type checkbox. Then you would use either manual processes or workflows to flag this field.

Finally, you can create a support ticket and ask them to filter the sync so that only the records with this field set to TRUE to synchronize with Marketo.

Read more here:

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi C.K,

Advice: post your questions to products, many more people will read them and be likely to answer.

The best way is to create a "sync with Marketo" field in SFDC, type checkbox. Then you would use either manual processes or workflows to flag this field.

Finally, you can create a support ticket and ask them to filter the sync so that only the records with this field set to TRUE to synchronize with Marketo.

Read more here:

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

-Greg

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

If it's just the one Lead Source we can also just set up the sync filter to reference that Lead Source without needed to make the additional checkbox field (for instance, Lead Source != Phone to only sync leads/contacts without a Lead Source of Phone)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Steven,

Yes, I know. But on the longer term, I know by experience that the filter criteria may change. Which is why I recommend creating this "proxy" field and set the rules internally to SFDC in order to flag/unflag it.

-Greg