SOLVED

Birthday Email- Soft Bounce- set up question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Birthday Email- Soft Bounce- set up question

Hi all,

Back in March I set up an email to run for birthdays, but something is going on and I can't figure out what.  I'm thinking my set up/logic is off somewhere.  I'm an office of one, so any input would be appreciated.  Emails are sending, but every one is a soft bounce- not one has been delivered or opened yet.

Here's how I set it up--

Campaign 1

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Campaign 2

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

It seems fairly straightforward, but I can't figure out why they aren't going through.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kristen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Re: Birthday Email- Soft Bounce- set up question

Hello Kristen,

The From and Reply-to lines of your '01 Email' asset are malformed, with double tokens in them.  You have this:

when you should have this

The result is two emails stuck together into one value which is not a valid email address format.  Since you can't send an email without a properly formatted address in the From/Reply-to, the emails with this error are soft bouncing.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

lead.date of birth would lead me to believe they are waiting for a day in the past, is that not correct?  You need their next birthday, not their date of birth.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

But she said that all of the emails were showing as bouncing, and not a single delivered.

Kristen Yanchak​, are you able to send yourself a test campaign (just using email address IS: your email, not birthday field) and have it delivered? It's possible/likely there's an issue with the email itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i just set up a test campaign with my email and ran it.  I did not get the email and the campaign says soft bounce... so... why would it do that, and how do I fix it?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Is it a new template, or an email that has never been sent out before? You might try to create a new email -- without seeing your email I don't know exactly why this specific email is bouncing and not being delivered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not really sure how I would get after their DOB other than using the DOB field.  The token is supposed to facilitate it being their next date of birth through the triggered campaign (hence the first campaign to feed them into the trigger).  I mostly followed this:  Use a Date Token in a Wait Flow Action - Marketo Docs - Product Docs I'm open to other ways to get at it though, so let me know what you think.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a campaign set up to create a soft bounce?  You should check the logic around that

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recreated the email and the test came through to me, so I'm going to replace the email and see how that works.  I also need to look at the soft bounces- I do not think there is a campaign set up for that in our system.

Thank you!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hopefully that solves the issue! There may have been some strange corruption of the email that lead all of the emails sent to bounce instead of deliver to the recipients.

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Kristen,

The From and Reply-to lines of your '01 Email' asset are malformed, with double tokens in them.  You have this:

when you should have this

The result is two emails stuck together into one value which is not a valid email address format.  Since you can't send an email without a properly formatted address in the From/Reply-to, the emails with this error are soft bouncing.