SOLVED

Re: Big Brother

Go to solution
Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Big Brother

We have sales reps using MSI. We have a legal team that wants to be able to monitor what the sales reps are sending to customers. We know that we can see via reports in Marketo the template that they sent, when, how many, and to whom. However, what we aren't able to see is the actual e-mail sent (copy, text, etc). If a rep edits a template we want to be able to see what they edited and be able to hold them accountable if out of brand. Legal wants that. Anyway, we know that if we have our SFDC admin go to the contact in Salesforce and access the MSI>Email panel they can click on the link and see it. Is there any other way to scale this?

Any idea is a welcome one

Kristy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For compliance archiving (even if it's just brand "compliance") you'll want to enable the Marketo BCC: feature.

It'll be a ton of data to manage (your IT will need to a dedicate a mail server to receiving those copies, though you can filter/dump 'em after receiving them) but will give you an exact copy of every email emitted by your instance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For compliance archiving (even if it's just brand "compliance") you'll want to enable the Marketo BCC: feature.

It'll be a ton of data to manage (your IT will need to a dedicate a mail server to receiving those copies, though you can filter/dump 'em after receiving them) but will give you an exact copy of every email emitted by your instance.

Kristy_Murphy

Sanford Whiteman​ this was very helpful and meets our needs. I learned some caveats with it - the BCC feature does not work when using the outlook plugin or gmail extension. Do you happen to know of a solution for that?

Happy Friday!

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

The Outlook plugin still has emails sent from your reps computers from your email server, so your IT team would need to be capturing those messages.  For the Gmail extension it's the same, those messages are being sent through Gmail so you'd want to speak with Gmail support on message retention.  Marketo itself doesn't send emails from the two plugins, the plugins just decorate the links and logs that a message was sent. 

Kristy_Murphy

Makes total sense in the "if you must" situation of audit due to an escalation or something along those lines. I was thinking just as a matter of practice for random audits. I now understand a little more why it doesn't work from outlook/gmail. I can explain that back to the business. Thanks guys!