Re: Best way to tokenize my SFDC Campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to tokenize my SFDC Campaign?

I have a set of smart campaigns in a webinar program. The program is not synced at the program level to my SFDC campaign. I'm syncing through flow steps.

I created a text token called my.SFDC Campaign that contains the name of the SFDC Campaign. I'm using it in my "Change SFDC Campaign Status" flow steps. Is there a reason I should be using the SFDC Campaign type token instead?

Also, I want to use the token in the some of the smart campaign smart lists on a "Member of SFDC Campaign" filter. It seems like the filter doesn't support any tokens. Is that correct?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sharon,

If a text token works for this then I assume you would have to use the ID of the campaign rather than it's name for the value, although I haven't tested it. Not sure how the SFDC Campaign token works - it's not described in Marketo's documentation and I've never been asked about it before!
Understanding My Tokens in a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs
In general, smart lists don't support tokens. I believe this is because it's querying the DB (deciding who qualifies), as opposed to writing information after it's determined who qualifies. I feel like there's an idea out there somewhere about support for tokens in smart lists.

Grant

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The SFDC Campaign My Token allows you to select an existing SFDC Campaign instead of dropping the name. This is only useful if you are using Program Templates.

I suppose you can use either one as long as the Text My Token works. I suspect that the text version may have issues in this case, which is why there is a separate My Token type for SFDC Campaigns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After more digging around I found out that the text token works fine if you have the name of the SFDC Campaign exactly correct. The SFDC Campaign token drops down a list of the SFDC campaigns. This lets you be sure you are getting the right name and that you remembered to mark the campaign active in SFDC. The con is you have to wait for Marketo to "see" it after you activate the campaign before you can set the token.

I've switched to using the SFDC Campaign type tokens on my new campaigns.