Best way to cross check list memberships?

megandifranco
Level 1

Best way to cross check list memberships?

I have 9 lists in Marketo that are tied to a CDP and are synced to the CDP with refreshed data. These lists need to be mutually exclusive. Is there an easy way to view that to ensure I am not seeing a contact in 2 or more lists? I started created smart lists comparing 2 at a time so I could pinpoint which lists were overlapping but cross referencing all of them from one another would be messy and would require many smart lists. I ended up exporting all 9 lists separately and added a field to display which list name was exported then combined all of them into one sheet and searched for duplicate email addresses. It gave me what I needed but just wondering if there is a better way to do this in Marketo if I need to check this often.

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Best way to cross check list memberships?

If you create individual SLs having combinations of 2 different static lists to identify the records co-existing in multiple lists - you would end up with 36 SLs in total (9C2). If you try combining these 36 SLs in to fewer SLs - you would not know for sure in which and all lists qualifying leads are co-existing unless you check the membership of leads in the lists individually - as you would probably know list memberships cannot be added to the list view of a SL. I think excel is a cool solution for now - but I'm curious to know what Sandy thinks about this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best way to cross check list memberships?

There’s no easy way to do this — at least now. If you plan ahead, you can keep a Score field updated with the number of these “interesting lists” the person is on, triggering on Added to List and Removed from List.