Re: Best Practice Tips around Deleting Junk / Invalid Leads

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Best Practice Tips around Deleting Junk / Invalid Leads

I am trying to clean up our database, and one of the first projects I want to tackle is handling junk/invalid leads. Looking for advice in regards to do you delete junk leads vs. marketing suspend vs. mark them as inactive. Also how to handle the SFDC side - delete them in SFDC or keep them? We (the marketing ops team) are leaning towards keeping them in SFDC so that we do not get in trouble with sales. Many of these leads actually look good (first name, last name, valid company) and the only issue is that their email address is invalid.

How do you handle junk leads in your organization?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Thanks Josh--I have referred to your post quite a few times and have already set up the soft & hard bounces smart campaigns.

I am trying to do the Spam Traps smart campaign you recommended too, but I'm having a hard time getting a list of spam traps. Would you be able to share yours or how you came up with it?

Beth_Holine
Level 2

Hi Nina! Did you get the list from Josh? I would love to have it as well. Josh Hill

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Hi Beth - I haven't heard back. Josh - it would be great to get the list of spam traps if possible!

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Nina

You can use a contact washing machine to clean up your database. Here's a blogpost that might be helpful: Transform your Lead Database with the Contact Washing Machine.

Feel free to get in touch at alok@grazitti.com if you want us to build this for you.