Re: Auto fill forms from email clicks?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Rachel, I can't reproduce your issue. Are you still seeing this? If so, please file a support ticket. The page should always pre-fill in an incognito window if you've clicked a tracked link in an email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send yourself a test email or the actual email? I had a user experience this issue when she was sending a test email to herself. Worked perfectly when we sent an actual email through a smart campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was sending it to myself, and checking it in Incognito mode, and it wasn't filling.

So I created a lead (my mom) and only put in her name, email and company, and then sent her an email through an actual smart campaign, instead of a test email. When she opened it the fields pre-filled! So yes, sending as a test email does not work. You need to send through an actual smart campaign.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Ok, great. It's expected that test emails won't work. We markup the links so that you can see exactly what the email will look like for a recipient, but the rest of the normal email functionality will not work. Example: Opens, Clicks, won't be tracked...Pre-fill on resulting pages won't work, etc.