SOLVED

Re: Audit trail - unknown

Go to solution
Renee
Level 3

Audit trail - unknown

I am studying on the function modules of Audit trail in Marketo Products. 

However, I am not able to understand what the following note means, can someone help explain and give a direction, thank you so much. 

Renee_0-1630822712850.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Renee 

The Audit trail helps identify which user has made changes to the forms and landing pages for auditing purposes.

However, in the case where you have a picklist field on the form/landing page, and your CRM (let us take an example being Salesforce as the CRM) has added more picklist values to a field, this will propagate the changes to all the forms/landing pages that have this field. Therefore, the Audit trail will identify that a change has been made to the form/landing page, but because the CRM is not an actual user, the Audit trail will show them as Unknown.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Renee 

The Audit trail helps identify which user has made changes to the forms and landing pages for auditing purposes.

However, in the case where you have a picklist field on the form/landing page, and your CRM (let us take an example being Salesforce as the CRM) has added more picklist values to a field, this will propagate the changes to all the forms/landing pages that have this field. Therefore, the Audit trail will identify that a change has been made to the form/landing page, but because the CRM is not an actual user, the Audit trail will show them as Unknown.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... and your CRM (let us take an example being Salesforce as the CRM) has added more picklist values to a field, this will propagate the changes to all the forms/landing pages that have this field.

Well, not exactly...

Once a form field is decoupled from the Marketo database metadata (i.e. you build the form with your Select options) the options will not be automatically updated if the picklist is updated. But if you delete and re-add the field it will start out with the new picklist.