Re: Approval errors in snippets and email templates

ricky_wolff
Level 1

Approval errors in snippets and email templates

Hi there,

I've made changes to an existing email template and to an existing snippet. When trying to approve the drafts, I am getting "unexpected errors".

I've tried to clone the master email template and approving it, and that works. The same applies to the snippet.

Naturally, I don't want to clone the master email template to get a new version approved as I'd have to adjust all the emails who are using the template.

Are the template and snippet files corrupt? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 14.36.47.png

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I think that the HTML may have got corrupted! See this similar topic posted sometime back in the community. 

Do you see any errors when you try validating the template HTML under "Email Template Actions"?

Darshil_Shah1_0-1669298905916.png

ricky_wolff
Level 1

Unfortunately, there are no errors when validating the HTML. I'm able to approve an exact copy of the template without issues. It's just that one template that's giving me nightmares. 

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @ricky_wolff ,

Earlier I got the same issue and did not found any solution for that. I got this reply from support that you HTML file might be corrupted and because of this, it is shwoing error in approval.

After that, I have created cloned email template and use that.

Thanks,

Disha

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Were they able to provide any specific reason as to why the email template may have gotten corrupted and how to possibly avoid it? This could turn out to be a catastrophe and a lot of re-work in case the email template is being used in a lot of places.

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @Darshil_Shah1,

No, they did not provide any reason.

Thanks,

Disha

ricky_wolff
Level 1

Hey,
I hope it's not the case for us as this master email template is used in a lot of program templates for our users. It would involve replacing hundreds of emails.. 😞 

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @ricky_wolff ,

My template was used in 8000 emails. After this issue, I did not touch the existing emails rather than I have created new emails using new template.

Thanks,

Disha