Re: API Issue - Web Services Error

Gayane1107
Level 1

API Issue - Web Services Error

Hello,

I am getting a web services error and was provided documentation on the codes..."610" The URI in the call did not match a REST API resource type. This is often due to an incorrectly spelled or incorrectly formatted request URI.

Anyone know how to resolve this? The developer who setup our instance is no longer with us. Help please. 

Thanks,
Gayane

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you getting many such errors per day vs. the # of API calls per day?

Sometimes, an app has a bug where it occasionally tries to create an invalid URL, but that may be a result of upstream errors (or typos) and doesn’t represent a fatal problem. For example, say there’s an app that tries to get the members of a program and you pass the app an invalid program ID. That would create a web services error, but the error was really that you typo’d the ID.

Anyway, it’s not possible to know exactly what’s going wrong without looking at the code. (You can know which API user is generating the errors, but not the full error message that would be seen within the app.)

NwuSanguine
Level 1

Chiming in as a new SF admin to the team.

How are we able to identify if this isn't a fatal problem and what would potential next steps look like? This is the response we received from Marketo support but I am unsure how to proceed with this information. The username referenced has no record in our Salesforce org and I don't have much context otherwise. 

Thank you for contacting Marketo, my name is Aaquib and, I will be assisting you with this case.

I understand that you are receiving a 610 API error.

Error 610 means, Requested resource not found - The URI in the call did not match a REST API resource type. This is often due to an incorrectly spelled or incorrectly formatted request URI.

Reporting on this I see that the errors are being reported by user "Insentsync@sanguinebio.com". so I would suggest looking at the logs from the LaunchPoint service 'Insent Rest API' or work with whomever developed this service to get further information on what exactly is causing these errors.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Chiming in as a new SF admin to the team.

How are we able to identify if this isn't a fatal problem and what would potential next steps look like? This is the response we received from Marketo support but I am unsure how to proceed with this information. The username referenced has no record in our Salesforce org and I don't have much context otherwise. 

OK - this isn’t Salesforce-related though. It’s a Marketo API error. There would be no reason to expect the API-only user in Marketo to exist in your Salesforce org. In fact it need not even exist in the Marketo database, only in the Marketo admin section.

You have an external service connecting to Marketo and generating errors. Sometimes these errors are ignorable because they coincide with other upstream errors/exceptions at the service. For example, let’s say the service keeps track of Marketo Lead IDs when they exist. When they don’t exist, it sets the internal record of the Lead ID to 0. Then calls to the Marketo API will fail. But the errors might be handled gracefully within the service, even though the error is logged within Marketo.

But errors cannot be assumed to be so innocent.

Gayane1107
Level 1

Thanks so much! This is super helpful. Yes I do think it occasionally happens and is something I review everytime it does occur.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

As @SanfordWhiteman indicated, the key to finding out what happened here is to identify the API user associated with the call that generated the error. In Admin, you can trace back which integration and therefore which external app was the source. It is in that app that the detailed error response has been logged. That is the point of origin to understand what happened.