SOLVED

Any suggestions for hiding fields that are in use, but are in archived campaigns??

Go to solution
Karen_Black
Level 5

Any suggestions for hiding fields that are in use, but are in archived campaigns??

We discovered that there is no way to hide a field unless it is not in use.  We have hundreds of campaigns that use certain segmentation fields that we need to get rid of.  Is there anything out there that can automate the process, or do we need to clean these out manually one by one so that the field can no longer be used?  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Any suggestions for hiding fields that are in use, but are in archived campaigns??

AFAIK, I'm afraid the process is still manual. Adobe can help you clear out some stuff, but for larger requests, they charge a fee since in that case, they onboard you as an Adobe Consulting Services customer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Any suggestions for hiding fields that are in use, but are in archived campaigns??

AFAIK, I'm afraid the process is still manual. Adobe can help you clear out some stuff, but for larger requests, they charge a fee since in that case, they onboard you as an Adobe Consulting Services customer.

Amanda_Reilly3
Level 3

I don't have a way around this, but one thing to note is that any email blast program that's been sent (the ones that look like a little mailbox),  you'll be unable to update the smart campaign if the filters are directly on the program. Not sure if Marketo Support can do this, but the only way I've found around this is just deleting the entire email blast campaign. If that's not an option, I would just make sure you leave a note in the field description indicating that it's not in use and and cannot be hidden. I'd focus on those that are used less frequently and not try with those used in email blast programs with the mailbox, and always leave a description for those hidden or can't be hidden on the day it was updated and why it was hidden/unable to be hidden. Not only is it helpful to future users, but it can be exported if you do your own field audit later. 

If possible, when re-using the same field in the future, create one smart list in the design studio that uses common filters that can be referenced in your smart campaigns instead, and always make sure to use a smart list filter within the email blast campaign's smart list so you can always adjust in the future should it come up 🙂 

Amanda Reilly
Marketing Operations Consultant at Etumos