SOLVED

Any benefits to multiple "Lead is Created" campaigns?

Go to solution
Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Any benefits to multiple "Lead is Created" campaigns?

Hi community,

Has anyone found benefit in creating multiple "Lead is Created" listener campaigns, particularly in using constraints? I'd love to hear about any lessons learned, gotchas, or the like. Do you think it's better to have a single, master campaign with lots of conditional logic in the flow, or having multiple campaigns with constraints or filters that only fire when they qualify? Is it six of one, half-a-dozen of the other?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Any benefits to multiple "Lead is Created" campaigns?

Scott,

It really depends on what you are trying to do. I've seen it both ways: centralized and decentralized. My preference is to only have one master Lead Is Created campaign that kicks off the lead processing system. How this works will depend highly on your lead flow, sales process, etc. I would tend to avoid having multiple triggers for the initial creation because it creates a race condition and they may end up working at the wrong times which will break the downstream triggers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Scott,

It really depends on what you are trying to do. I've seen it both ways: centralized and decentralized. My preference is to only have one master Lead Is Created campaign that kicks off the lead processing system. How this works will depend highly on your lead flow, sales process, etc. I would tend to avoid having multiple triggers for the initial creation because it creates a race condition and they may end up working at the wrong times which will break the downstream triggers.
Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Thanks Josh - that answers my question very well.