SOLVED

Re: Anonymous Activites not reporting when lead is known?

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jean-Pascal,

I see a weird parameter in your munchkinit function:

customName: 'Office-365-partner-profit-ebook'

And cannot find it in the doc.

Are you sure of this?

Sanford Whiteman​ skills might be needed here

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A split cookie tracking problem is when you are generating a new Munchkin tracking cookie when moving between pages, instead of reusing the existing one.

This can happen because of incorrect Munchkin initialization options (for example, not setting the domainLevel correctly for your parent private domain) or because you are moving between parent domains (far more complex to fix, since cookies are always bounded by the uppermost private domain: moving between sherweb.ca and sherweb.com, for example).

That said, looking at your two domains info.sherweb.com and www.sherweb.com, I do see the same cookie correctly shared across both. A visitor to www.sherweb.com will get a cookie that is reused when they fill out a form on info.sherweb.com, so web activities on both domains should be associated.

Can you post the ​Visited Web Page ​log for the lead teknkl01@blackhole.io ?

You should see:

www.sherweb.com

www.sherweb.com/cloud/

www.sherweb.com/veaam-cloud-connect/

www.sherweb.com/domain-registration

info.sherweb.com/Office-365-partner-profit-ebook.html/

info.sherweb.com/Office-365-partner-profit-ebook-thank-you.html

info.sherweb.com/Office-365-partner-profit-ebook-thank-you.html

info.sherweb.com/start-selling-office-365.html

www.sherweb.com

There's one minor mistake in your Munchkin install.  This isn't causing a problem, just an extra asset load: you have the Munchkin bootstrapper (munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js) loading twice on www.sherweb.com. The second load is disregarded, though.

Oh, and your SPF record is broken: you have include:spf.mandrillapp.com twice (once via nested include).  So you effectively have no SPF protection.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Hi Sanford,

I do see all those visits in the log.

What strikes me as weird though, is that I never have leads that visited the website and then converted days after their first visit.

It's like the cookie resets after 1 day.

SanfordWhiteman

The cookie is being managed with the expected 2-year inactivity expiration, it's not happeniung automatically.

It's possible (though non-traditional!) that you could have code on www.sherweb.com that expires the cookie. It's a first-party cookie, so you could have a line of PHP that sends back a Set-Cookie header. I don't see any JS that's doing this, but I can't see your PHP.

I'll see if the cookie in one of my test browsers is still around in 24 hours.  If it's gone then you will have to look at your server code, just to chase down that possibility.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Ok, I might be crazy after all and nothing is wrong.

I went through the latest leads and on page 4, I found one where there was visits for 3 days before we got to know him.

That's 200 leads to finally find one... We might be really good at catching up a name on Day 1 then.

SanfordWhiteman

In your first post it seemed like you were getting no retroactive activities at all, so we've gradually honed in on the truth: overwhelmingly intra-day (but not instant) conversions.

Fix that SPF, though!

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

About that SPF, which tool did you use to see it was duplicated?

We looked into it and only see one include for the spf.mandrillapp.com.

SanfordWhiteman

Hand-inspection.

Check the second include and you'll see spf.mandrillapp.com again.

SanfordWhiteman

No tools, hand-inspection. (Well, dig is a tool.)

Check the second include, servers.mcsv.net: it re-includes spf.mandrillapp.com.

There are many broken records out there due to the detailed requirements of the SPF spec, so you're not alone.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Thanks, we fixed it.