SOLVED

Re: Alternatives to MSI for Indicating Lead Activities

Go to solution
s_skala
Level 2

Alternatives to MSI for Indicating Lead Activities

Curious if anyone has explored any other options for surfacing lead activity to sales without using MSI. The native Marketo <> SFDC activity sync includes some helpful indicators such as "filled out form" and "email sent" but is not as comprehensive as what is presented in MSI. 

Has anyone made a custom solution that includes indicators such as "viewed web page" and "attended webinar" ? If so, interested in your setup and how that information is presented on the lead and the contact object. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Oh Yes, Amy is absolutely right. I was more assuming you've got specific conversion points on your site or target actions you're tracking and want to push those over for Sales visibility. Totally agree this shouldn't be used for random web page visits (unless it is specifically to your pricing page or something like that). Basically, you could replace the "Interesting Moments" concept with what I'm talking about here, makes them searchable/reportable in SFDC. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

The easiest thing you could do that would be a way to pass the intelligence that a specific action (or actions) has taken place with a lead, at least that I can think of, would be to create a task for the contact. You could basically write a completed task assigned to the Marketo Integration Use that has the subject that describes whatever the event was that occurred. Then, you could create a report (contacts and activities) report in SFDC that searches for tasks with the subjects that you use to have a list of recent activities. 

Good luck!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I like Chris's idea of using tasks. I would be careful about using it for high-volume activities such as web page visits, it's going to clog up your campaign queue and eat up SFDC sync API calls. I am not an expert in the Marketo/SFDC sync but I assume that MSI data passes in a less resource-intensive way than firing individual SFDC tasks.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Oh Yes, Amy is absolutely right. I was more assuming you've got specific conversion points on your site or target actions you're tracking and want to push those over for Sales visibility. Totally agree this shouldn't be used for random web page visits (unless it is specifically to your pricing page or something like that). Basically, you could replace the "Interesting Moments" concept with what I'm talking about here, makes them searchable/reportable in SFDC. 

s_skala
Level 2

Thanks @Chris_Wilcox , that is likely the solution I will go with but I agree that it is smart to limit the creation of tasks for indicators that are likely to happen frequently. I want to avoid clogging up the activities related list and leave room for actual sales activities such as calls and emails.