Re: Alert for new MSI activity

Aqeel_Akbar
Level 4

Alert for new MSI activity

Hey guys,

Our sales teams have been looking at a lot of sales enablement tools outside of MSI because of the limited flexibility it provides. In an effort to drive adoption for it, one of the things they really want is to be notified of new MSI activity for a lead/contact. What they would like is something at the top of the lead/contact record that convinces them that scrolling down the lead/contact record to check MSI is worth their time (rather than doing this for everyone they interact with, and not knowing whether there's something new or not).

This will prompt them to see what new interesting moments, web acitivity, and marketing emails have populated for that lead/contact.

Are there any creative ways of accomplishing this?

Thanks,

Aqeel

6 REPLIES 6
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Hi Aqeel - my SDR team using Salesforce Lead/Contact Views and sorts by the Last Interesting Moment date to point them in the right direction. This way they have a good overview of recent interactions and can go to the Lead or Contact record of anyone who has a recent Interesting Moment.

You can also suggest they subscribe to types of Interesting Moments (high web traffic, downloaded content, etc.) and they will receive email alerts any time one of their leads takes this action. It's an easy way for them to manage alerts and pick and choose which actions are valuable for them to take action.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Scott,

How does someone subscribe to an interesting moment? I looked in marketo docs and there are no instructions.

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Christine, I had a similar question the other day. Here's the thread. You can subscribe to a lead's interesting moments from the lead feed OR you can go to the lead's MSI section of their Salesforce record and subscribe from there.

ChristinaZuniga

Thanks Liliana!

ChristinaZuniga

One more question! If they subscribed to Web: Filled out form for the lead John Doe, would it subscribe them to:

1) John Doe's activities, regardless of type

2) John Doe's activities, filled out form only

3) All leads activities, filled out form - all forms

4) All lead's activities, filled out form - this specific form

I don't have access to do testing so I'm hoping someone knows how this works!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Could they just subscribe to the Lead Feed that shows all interesting moments as they happen? They'd have to put the rss into a feed reader, but this was the recommended practice when we first started using it years ago.

You could also create an SFDC task to check the record when certain interesting moments are performed.