Re: After initial sync failure, program member data not syncing to campaign member fields. Anyone else seeing this?

Sheila-SEMI
Level 3

After initial sync failure, program member data not syncing to campaign member fields. Anyone else seeing this?

We have a program that sets some program member custom fields (PMCF) which sync to campaign member custom fields. Generally, the sync is working fine. However, we are seeing an issue in this case:

If the initial sync of a person fails (say there is a bad picklist value in a standard field) and then the issue gets fixed, when the person does finally sync to the SFDC campaign and becomes a member, the PMCF field values do not sync to the campaign member custom fields. It seems the only way to get the PMCF fields to finally sync is if the value in the field changes. 

Is anyone else seeing this issue? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: After initial sync failure, program member data not syncing to campaign member fields. Anyone else seeing this?

We don't use PMCF a lot so never came across this, but I did some testing today and ended up with the same results!

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a Marketo program and sync it with the SFDC campaign (existing/new anything's fine; if you're using an existing SFDC campaign, make sure the campaign statuses match with Marketo's program statuses 1-1)
  • Create/update a (test) Marketo-only record such that it'd fail the SFDC sync (e.g., plant a field validation mismatch)
  • Write data into a synced PMCF field for this program member in Marketo
  • Add the above test to the Marketo program with a valid program status
  • The SFDC lead insert operation triggered due to implicit sync would run into errors (you could check it in the person's activity log in Marketo)
  • Fix the error, so the person could now sync with the SFDC
  • Sync the person with SFDC
  • When you check in SFDC, the synced campaign member field on the campaign member object for this lead would not have any data
  • Update the PMCF field in Marketo
  • Sync the person with SFDC
  • Voila, this time around, you'd see data in the synced campaign member field

Let me know if I'm missing anything here. Thank you for flagging this, @Sheila-SEMI!

Sheila-SEMI
Level 3

@Darshil_Shah1 Thanks for confirming. I've already submitted to Marketo Support as a bug.