SOLVED

Re: Adding multiple marketo programs to smart list

Go to solution
Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

Adding multiple marketo programs to smart list

Recently, I inquired about incorporating numerous (a huge list) of SFDC campaigns into a smart list and got an insightful answer. Now, I am seeking guidance on creating a smart list for members from numerous Marketo programs. Is there a quicker method to achieve this? All the programs share a common keyword (let's call it "ABC"). Can I generate a smart list to retrieve members from all programs containing the keyword ABC? Appreciate your assistance.

Chaithali Punchathar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Nurture_Ninja, smart lists operate at the person level (and not at the asset level). In the multi-value chooser dialog box, if you write a string (”ABC”), Marketo will pull all the programs (or the respective matching asset with the filter type) for you to view and add to the space on the right. There’s an alternative way to export program data from the program performance report and then reference the name of programs there and add them to the filter, but I believe the first method should be good instead! Make sure you don’t have any squiggly lines and that all the program names are selected after saving the filter (refresh the screen after the smart list is saved and check).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Nurture_Ninja, smart lists operate at the person level (and not at the asset level). In the multi-value chooser dialog box, if you write a string (”ABC”), Marketo will pull all the programs (or the respective matching asset with the filter type) for you to view and add to the space on the right. There’s an alternative way to export program data from the program performance report and then reference the name of programs there and add them to the filter, but I believe the first method should be good instead! Make sure you don’t have any squiggly lines and that all the program names are selected after saving the filter (refresh the screen after the smart list is saved and check).

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

Thank you for the response. 

This appears to be harder than what I imagined.

I have over a thousand programs and I'm not getting accurate results when I use the appropriate program statuses. I could be missing something.

Which is a better method to see all the leads interacted with my campaigns? Creating a smart list of member of program and then creating a trigger to push any new members to a list, or simply creating a smart list with the name of all 1000+ SFDC campaigns?

In the case of latter, the smart list needs to be updated as new SFDC campaigns are added. 

Chaithali Punchathar
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If faced with this task, pulling all Program names from the REST API and filtering them down to get something to paste into the multi-value chooser would be my move... but I’d also try as hard as possible to avoid being in the position of needing to report at this level from within Marketo. 🙂

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

Thank you for the response and the word of caution. I'm trying to create a list of all leads/contacts who interacted with campaigns names with keyword "ABC". Can you please tell me how to pull all Program names from the REST API? Thank you.

Chaithali Punchathar
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You’d use the Get Programs endpoint.