Adding a BCC to Marketo Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a BCC to Marketo Emails

Hi there,

It seems as though there is no Bcc or cc field in Marketo emails.I am surprised that such a simple feature is not included in Marketo.

We were looking at including a Bcc here to trigger some automated emails to send out review requests to our clients rather than having to send out manual review requests.

Does anyone know if this Bcc field will ever be included in Marketo emails?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding a BCC to Marketo Emails

Hi Fiona,

Do you want this to be a type of CC that's connected to a Send Email flow step when for example a customer fills out a form with their email address?

As I know there is no specific CC function, although you can add Send Alert as a flow step to whichever email address you want.

What you can do is send the same email from the Send Email flow step as Send Alert to the email of your choosing if you want an identical copy. Or you you could copy the email with the tokens to the separate alert email with specific instructions of a review request specific to what you want done.

I hope this was helpful, let me know if you need more help.

/Erik

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, there is no BCC or CC function and you should not need one ever. Think of the damage you could do by sending out 10,000 BCCs every time you send an email.

What do you mean by "review request"?

I think what Erik is suggesting is using a Seed List in Marketo (import a list of people you want to send to internally as a static list) and then add them to the Flow as an OR. That will definitely send the same email to your Seed List. You can use this same idea as a Live Test, to only send a real email to the Seed List before you send it to the Leads.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Typically one would trigger an alert in their flow steps to the appropriate rep or sales person in your own Org rather than a BCC.

If for sending or including an in-house list, as mentioned above, a seed list is ideal.

What my team has now instituted is that we create a test run campaign where each lead can flow through every time.

We send the same email to our own seed list (set up by different teams), via our test campaign.

Our seed lists are set up in the Lead Database and are usually static/imported lists.