SOLVED

Add to Calendar Link Showing My Name, Not Recipient's Name

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Add to Calendar Link Showing My Name, Not Recipient's Name

When a prospect registers for our webinar, they receive a confirmation email. On that email is an "Add to Calendar" link. However, when they click to add it to the calendar, it says "Hello Jeff Smith" instead of their own name.

My process to get the ics file is:

(1) Our webinar organizer sends me a Webex invite once the event has been created

(2) I register for the webinar

(3) When the Webex registration confirmation email arrives, I right-click on the ics file and save to my desktop

(4) I upload this file to Design Studio

(5) This is the link I use in our confirmation email for the "Add to Calendar" link. (Our registration is done through a Marketo landing page, with Marketo confirmation email)

I imagine I'm doing this wrong, and apparently the link that I'm including is specific to me. This still seems to allow them to add it to their calendar, and nothing with the process is necessarily broken. Their confirmation email has a personalized greeting, but the wrong name appearing on the ics file when opened is creating some confusion. What's the best way to include the ics files so that they are specific to the prospect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Add to Calendar Link Showing My Name, Not Recipient's Name

Hi Jeff,

Have you looked at linking your webinar programs with Webex directly?  This would make it so you could use the Member.Webinar url token, and you could use that token with a Calendar token to give leads a way to add the webinar to their calendars.  This would personalize everything for them, and take your personalized link out of the equation.

The article below have more information on how to do all of this.

John

Add WebEX as a LaunchPoint Service - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Create a Calendar Event (.ics) File - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Include a Calendar Event (.ics) in an Email - Marketo Docs - Product Docs 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Add to Calendar Link Showing My Name, Not Recipient's Name

Hi Jeff,

Have you looked at linking your webinar programs with Webex directly?  This would make it so you could use the Member.Webinar url token, and you could use that token with a Calendar token to give leads a way to add the webinar to their calendars.  This would personalize everything for them, and take your personalized link out of the equation.

The article below have more information on how to do all of this.

John

Add WebEX as a LaunchPoint Service - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Create a Calendar Event (.ics) File - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Include a Calendar Event (.ics) in an Email - Marketo Docs - Product Docs