SOLVED

Re: Add Dynamic Signature to MSI Email (without Owner Token)

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Add Dynamic Signature to MSI Email (without Owner Token)

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to dynamically add sigantures to MSI emails based on the person sending the email?

I know it's possible to dynamically populate a signautre using lead owner tokens. However, in our scenario, there are instances where someone might send an email to a record that they don't own. Using owner tokens in this situation would cause the signature to be different from the person actually sending the email.

If this is not possible, does anyone know if it's possible to prevent MSI emails from being sent to a record not owned by the sender?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi @Steve_Schimmel , 

Unfortunately, not a ton of options here. If you need your templates to be non-editable and need to have dynamic signatures, you have to reference something on the contact record to populate that data, but there's no real good way to have every user's information somehow dynamically populate somewhere on the contact record to reference when sending.  Unfortunately, emails sent via MSI can not utilize Velocity Script Tokens, otherwise I'm sure there'd be a solution in there somewhere.    Typically, this is handled by having editable templates where the user can drop in their email signature before sending. I know it's a manual step, but that's the best way to achieve this.  

On your 2nd question, you'd manage this with contact visibility rules. Any contact an SFDC user can see is able to send an MSI email. If you need to prevent this, that user would have to be unable to see that contact.

Sorry these aren't great answers... 

Thanks!

Chris 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi @Steve_Schimmel , 

Unfortunately, not a ton of options here. If you need your templates to be non-editable and need to have dynamic signatures, you have to reference something on the contact record to populate that data, but there's no real good way to have every user's information somehow dynamically populate somewhere on the contact record to reference when sending.  Unfortunately, emails sent via MSI can not utilize Velocity Script Tokens, otherwise I'm sure there'd be a solution in there somewhere.    Typically, this is handled by having editable templates where the user can drop in their email signature before sending. I know it's a manual step, but that's the best way to achieve this.  

On your 2nd question, you'd manage this with contact visibility rules. Any contact an SFDC user can see is able to send an MSI email. If you need to prevent this, that user would have to be unable to see that contact.

Sorry these aren't great answers... 

Thanks!

Chris