Re: Add additional unsubscribe options

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add additional unsubscribe options

I would like to give our customers an option to ​subscribe or unsubscribe for certain updates  (security, Alerts, Natural Disaster, Product updates, etc) at the end of the email.

Same look and feel like this:

Is this possible? How can this be done?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Image isn't showing up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, here's the image.

Example23.png

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This can't be usefully included in an email. Emails don't support forms (and if they did it would be disastrous).

You can of course build an LP and form for this. It's called (informally) a Preference Center or Subscription Center.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Joe, if you search around the Marketing Nation and the web in general, you'll find a number of blog posts about how to set up a Preference/Subscription Center. It requires creating some new subscription fields and smart campaigns in Marketo, and also making sure that every email send you do in Marketo adds a filter for for one of those subscription fields. You also want to think about if you want every single new person subscribed to all the categories (we don't subscribe Sales Source leads to our marketing categories until they fill out a website form or attend an event).

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford and Amy for response. 

I work for the Support department and I send out mass emails to our existing Customers and Partners for Natural disasters, Product alerts, Product features, etc.  Since the Marketing department is very busy right now, so they don't have time to build this for me.  I am considering taking on this project but I don't want to build something that may affect the Marketing department.

If I build this Subscription Center, is it being share by Marketing and Support department? Can I build a separate Preference Center or Subscription Center just for the Support department?

Thank you in advance!

Joe

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Our Support Center has its own subscription management. It includes the Marketing categories and has its own categories as well. They did some custom dev to make sure that the Marketing category fields and the Unsubscribed field sync to SFDC so that everything stays the same in all systems.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor