SOLVED

Re: Activating Engagement Stream with Recipient time zone

Go to solution
angcasper
Level 2

Activating Engagement Stream with Recipient time zone

I uploaded a new list into my engagement program on Friday 6/3 and scheduled the program to run the first cast today 6/6 at 10:30am using the recipient time zone. However, I didn't turn the program to "on" until this morning at 9:00am. The email did not send and shows the next cast is in 6 days. Does this mean that the leads weren't added 25 hours before the cast and is now skipping email 1 and qualifying this group for the next cast?

If that is the case, can I change the date of the first cast to Thursday of this week so that this group will receive email 1?

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 2.13.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.03.12 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@angcasper wrote:

This cast is all new people, no existing members. Since the first email was scheduled to send today but didn't does that mean this group will receive email 1 next week Monday or will they receive email 2?

Okay, since the email #1 hasn't went out to any of the new members in the engagement program, in the next cast all should be sent email #1.

Also, if I change the date of "first cast" from today to this week Thursday, would the members of the program then receive email 1?

Yes, they should! As you said all the people to receive the content offer are net new members of the EP, so they should receive the first un-sent content from the stream in the next cast, which is email #1. Set the cadence at least 25 hours before the first cast as you're using the recipient time zone for sending out the email.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

All the casts are stopped when the program's status is turned off. IMO when you had the program status off - none of the eligible (marketable, normal cadence, stream content not exhausted) leads (new+old) would have received any content from the EP. However, now that you turned the engagement program's status to On, in the next cast new people should receive content from the top of the stream, and existing people should receive content from where they'd left off.

angcasper
Level 2

This cast is all new people, no existing members. Since the first email was scheduled to send today but didn't does that mean this group will receive email 1 next week Monday or will they receive email 2?

Also, if I change the date of "first cast" from today to this week Thursday, would the members of the program then receive email 1?

Darshil_Shah1

@angcasper wrote:

Okay, since the email #1 hasn't went out to any of the new members in the engagement program, in the next cast all should be sent email #1.

Yes, they should! As you said all the people to receive the content offer are net new members of the EP, so they should receive the first un-sent content from the stream in the next cast, which is email #1. Set the cadence at least 25 hours before the first cast as you're using the recipient time zone for sending out the email.

angcasper
Level 2

This appears to be working. Thanks so much for your help and quick reply!