SOLVED

Acquired by in webinar channel

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Acquired by in webinar channel

Hi Marketo,

We set up a Webinar event that was integrated with GoToWebinar.  Everything is working great, except we had about 10 new leads who filled out the form and registred for the webinar but are not showing as acquired by this program.

It seems as though, they were forwaded the email from a past lead and then registered for the event.  Usually a new lead will automatically show as acquired by for other program.

I created a workaround by making a filter smart campaign:
-Smart List: Lead was created with a constraint of the form fill
-Flow: Change Data Value of Acquisition program

Am I missing a step when I set up the program to have the webinar program do this automatically?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Acquired by in webinar channel

Do you have a hidden field in the form that attributes "lead source" as "webinar"? That might help. I always have two: lead source and lead source detail. In the detail, I put the name of the webinar. You can also put these lead sources in the URL.  If you're seeing a high number of people forwarding the email, it might be good to add on "forward to a friend" and put the lead source in that URL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's possible that if they clicked on a forwarded link they were viewed as an old lead even though they were new records.

If you can check the log for those leads that might provide some insight.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a hidden field in the form that attributes "lead source" as "webinar"? That might help. I always have two: lead source and lead source detail. In the detail, I put the name of the webinar. You can also put these lead sources in the URL.  If you're seeing a high number of people forwarding the email, it might be good to add on "forward to a friend" and put the lead source in that URL.