Re: A/B testing CTAs by CTRs

Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B testing CTAs by CTRs

Does anyone know about A/B testing CTAs? I want to measure the CTR on my email’s CTAs - I was thinking it would go under “Whole Email” A/B test, but I am not sure. I want to know if our customers like descriptions of what they’re clicking on, or just simple CTAs. I guess the questions is: is A/B testing is at the Open level or if it can get down to the CTA’s click through rates.

Appreciate any insight!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Hi Briana,

You can test with the whole email. Here is how you set it up: Use "Whole Email" A/B Testing - Marketo Docs - Product Docs,

You can then set the winning criteria here: Define the A/B Test Winner Criteria - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Emily_Thornton1
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you can test elements within the email. You can also specify the criteria that the "winning" email is based on. So if you're testing a CTA or something within the email, click/open rate is probably best, and if testing subject lines, open rate is best. Some more info on A/B testing here: Email Test - A/B Test - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Briana,

In addition to using the A/B testing module in Marketo you also want to take into consideration how you set up the test.  Here's an article to help you out. 

https://nation.marketo.com/community/champion/blog/2016/09/27/how-to-make-the-most-out-of-marketo-ab...