1 Salesforce - 2 Marketos sync

sarah-hardesty
Level 1

1 Salesforce - 2 Marketos sync

Has anyone had experience with linking 1 Salesforce to 2 Marketos? I know there is documentation on Marketo Nation about how, but I wondering people's reasons for doing it in the past and if worked out. 2 companies just merged. One has the salesforce - Marketo sync already and has Party Master hooked up to it, too. The other Marketo instance has a BDM connection, but also wants access to the salesforce. With all these separate connections, plus the split salesforce we are concerned about the data and a duplicate situation.

5 REPLIES 5
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 1 Salesforce - 2 Marketos sync

Brooke Bartos recently presented on this at the NA VMUG https://youtu.be/6W7T6UOEjDI

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In this combination it would be possible. I would however not recommend making the second connection a native one, if the existing connection also integrates information about companies and opportunities. With a native Salesforce connection, several endpoints are blocked from use by the API and therefore can not be used by the existing integration anymore.

I have seen very complex many to many connections that worked well, but it takes some careful design.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

@Katja_Keesom wrote:

With a native Salesforce connection, several endpoints are blocked from use by the API and therefore can not be used by the existing integration anymore.

I guess this is still true, but I wanted to mention that there was an update to the blocking of the companies and opportunities endpoints in May:

https://developers.marketo.com/blog/may-2022-updates/

Katja_Keesom

Thanks for the heads up @Michael_Florin ! I have been out of touch a bit recently due to an injury, so I missed that one.

However, at first glance the endpoints have been opened for GET calls, but not for POST, so you would still not be able to feed custom CRM data into Marketo in parallel to a native sync. I'll give that a little test.

Katja_Keesom

As expected, GET now works, POST doesn't.