🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Ranakaren18
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@Zoe_Forman thank you very much! it was actually a change of browser what fixed it 🙂

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@Ranakaren18 

Yes Marketo can behave differently depending on the browser.

I use FIREFOX as my default but sometimes jump to EDGE and found out CHROME is best or recommended for the exams.

Zoe_Forman

Hi all,

Let's get started with section 1 - Understanding and Building Programs

You can open the link, read through section 1, which includes 39% of exam questions, in the next week, and post any questions you have in this thread. Questions may relate to the document or your own instance.

At the end of the week, I will have a mini quiz based on the section that is in line with exam questions so you get a feel of the exam style (multiple choice); I will monitor this thread during the week to answer your questions.

1. Understanding Programs 

Programs represent a single marketing initiative. You can think of them as containers with all the stuff that you need to make the program work—these are called local assets and include Landing Pages, email, Smart Campaigns, and more. Programs do a lot, but it’s easy to get started. 

There are four types of programs:

1. Event Programs
  2. Engagement Programs
  3. Email Programs
  4. Default Programs

The Understanding Programs section covers details on the 4 types of programs in Marketo: Program Membership, Head Start & Abort Email programs, default programs, cloning, tag used in programs, period costs ($$ spent per activity/lead/new person), Event Channels and look at nurture streams.

I usually post on Sunday evening or Monday morning, but yesterday was Independence Day in the US and a Public holiday in the UK.

For those that havent added an intro or any specific questions please add when you can and follow along with the training sections.

Thanks, Zoe

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. Mikita Leichyk
  8. Cole Canneberg
Tags (1)
canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman - Can you give an other example (or even a few different ones) of default programs?

Zoe_Forman

Hi @canneberg 

There are many uses for default programs - default programs can house a wide range of activities within them, from lead scoring to serving as parent programs for sub-programs. They’re like the Swiss Army knife of Marketo Engage, accommodating various marketing tasks and asset...

Or the Parent Default Program that contains many child programs such as emails, events for  a specific Promotional campaign you want keep together.

Default programs are used for operational programs where you may have many executable campaigns included inside.

I use Default programs as a container for testing or investigations, to add a number of Smart Lists to look at say audiences or investigate and issue. 

Another use for the Default Program is to host solus emails (third party advertising emails) for example if a publication only wants a HTML supplied but will not get sent from your own Marketo instance, I create the email asset in a shell Default program called Solus Emails.

Default programs can be used for on-demand or gated assets and if you have a few email programs that you want to keep together but not enough to build an Engagement / Nurture program.

Try and keep your Default programs tidy in folders such as investigation / testing / souls emails so easy to find.

Ensure you keep a good naming convention even for testing and investigations so you can find and return to them.

Does this help?

canneberg
Level 3

Yes, thank you! 

canneberg
Level 3

Hello there - My name is Cole, and I am based out in the Portland, Oregon metro area. I work in digital marketing for a construction and agriculture positioning company called Topcon Positioning Systems (think GPS/GNSS, lasers, construction/ag machine control, etc.).  We work with Marketo for our day-to-day sytems, marketing, etc. and I have about 8-months of experience -- primarily with building campaigns, light data verification/cleaning, trigger and batch campaigns, etc.

I am most excited to learn from my peers on how to evolve my use of Marketo and ultimately achieve a passing score for the certification.

Zoe_Forman

Ho @canneberg 

Great to have you onboard and thanks for the into. Sounds like you have a good start in Marketo, this mentor program to to help you find your knowledge gaps, ask questions and ace your exam.

Thanks, Zoe

kami
Level 4

Hey Cole, 

Nice to meet you! I too am in the Construction industry, would love to connect: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaminelson/. Sounds like you have quite a few months under your belt. As someone only a couple months in what are a few things you learned the really helped you out at first?

Kami

canneberg
Level 3

I'd say most of my learning came from a training course my company paid for called "Marketo Core Concepts I." The instructor was super helpful and gives you a pretty good introduction of where things are, how things function, etc. Not sure about the price. I will say that by the time I took the course, I already had a pretty solid understanding of how to do things in Marketo, so it was more formal reinforcing for what I had learned before.