Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @canneberg 

For "What is the primary use of landing pages in Marketo?" technically there are two correct answers - Webinars/Events and lead capture. The subtle difference is that Marketo Landing Pages were primarily set up for managing webinar registration, waiting room, waitlists and email communications. Marketo forms can be added to Marketo Landing pages and also embedded on your company webpages and domain to capture leads.

This is legacy question from before third party webinar providers natively integrated into Marketo. Now there are so many you would set up the webinar provider via LaunchPoint as a service.

Agree most of us use landing pages to host forms to capture leads on our company web pages but we also use LP to manage events/webinars programs.

For "Which of the following is an example of a local asset in Marketo? all listed assets are examples used in Marketo.

Local forms can be cloned and used in other programs, however you are better off creating the global forms and using them on multiple landing pages using a Smart Campaign to capture the form fills from the referrer (web page url).

Yes you can use the form ID 1234 as the identifier in the Smart Campaign - you link the Form ID with the webpage in a trigger to capture and report on a specific landing page or campaign activity. Again set up a program template that you can use over and over with specific forms / landing page URLS

You can add additional filters such as Country/Region or use segmentation as required in the Smart Campaign Program around the form fill trigger

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 22.40.11.png

Does this help or do you want more detail or examples?

canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman - Sorry I didn't reply back to you sooner. I couldn't log in for many days and somehow something just worked and let me back in! Anyways, yes this all makes sense and is helpful context. Appreciate the clarity!

Zoe_Forman

Happy Thursday! 

Yes I'm a day early for the weekly Quiz: Defining and Targeting Audiences

I'm off on holiday to Cornwall in the SW of England, in a safari tent with my husband and dog. I will mainly be off grid - no electric, WIFI or phone signal.  Wood fired stove, oil lanterns and candles. We do have water!

Try the quiz, and questions or if you want more detail or an example or explanation as always feel free to ask me anything about the weeks module or the quiz.

Talking of modules we are in our final block: Analyzing and Building Reports (9%)
While the least percentage of questions you need to know what reports are available, when to use each report, how to set up reports for Emails, Landing Pages, Programs, People Performance.

Try setting up a new report that you haven't used before on one of your own programs or email sends.

Have a good week and I'll catch up next weekend - I will check the quiz responses and see if any questions have popped up mid week - good excuse to go to a country pub or beachside bar to use their WIFI.

Thanks, Zoe 

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg  

@Jon_Chen

canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman - "Which report should one review to see an engagement score of a newsletter?" I missed this question on one of the more recent quizzes. Could you help explain this report some more?

Have a great holiday.

Zoe_Forman

Hi @canneberg 

I think you are mixing email and person scores reporting.

For an Engagement or Email Programs - you can use program reports or email reports to see the metrics (send/open/click/bounce/unsubscribe etc)
You can look at the whole engagement /nurture emails as a program, by streams  or by individual emails.

For Score these are based on Person Score - you can use Smart lists to band people into ranges.

The score bands will be based on your scoring model and what is your MQL level. For example of you score between 0-100 with MQL based at 80, the  Smart list of 60-80 will show you those about to tip into MQL status at 80 which can those who are in discovery and interested in you company ( webinars, white papers, website visits etc depending what channels you are tracking).

Let me know if you need more details and I can look at this next Friday.

Thanks, Zoe 

canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman  - Hope you're having a great holiday. I had a question come to me when I was working through the modules. How might one set up a report of inferred named competitors visiting our site? And if they fill out a form? I'm thinking inferred means we have a suspicion a competitor is submitting information to look at our own campaigns.

kami
Level 4

@canneberg 

Do you have a list of IP Addresses for the competitors or are they submitting email via their domain name? If not, I would think that you would need this to be able to track them.

Kami

canneberg
Level 3

@kami - Yeah that's very possible. I think the smart list filter is something like... 'if email address contains @[email handle]' then you can filter them off. Would be interesting if an IP could be attached to some sort of filter!

kami
Level 4

@canneberg Yeah I was thinking you could use the following:

To ping a website URL for an IP address using the ping command, you can do the following:
  1. Open the Command Prompt on Windows, or Terminal on macOS or Linux
  2. Type ping followed by a space and the domain name
  3. Press Enter
  4. The IP address will be displayed on the first line of output 

Then you could use a list to sort those ip address, but I couldn't find an option for ip address in Marketo either. Maybe @Zoe_Forman has a better option.

I asked chatGPT but I haven't tried it yet, but this might work?? 
    1. Log into Marketo:

• Open your Marketo dashboard and log in with your credentials.
    2. Navigate to the Smart Lists Section:

• Go to the "Marketing Activities" or "Database" section, depending on where you want to create or manage your smart list.
    3. Create a New Smart List or Edit an Existing One:

• Click on "New" and select "New Smart List" to create a new one, or select an existing smart list to edit it.
    4. Add a Filter for IP Address:

• In the Smart List tab, click on "Add Filter."
      • In the filter options, look for the "Visited Web Page" filter. Note that Marketo does not have a direct filter for IP address, but you can use the "Visited Web Page" filter to narrow down by IP address.
    5. Configure the Filter:

• Drag the "Visited Web Page" filter to the smart list canvas.
      • Set the criteria to "IP Address."
      • Enter the specific IP address or range of IP addresses you want to include.
    6. Add Additional Criteria (Optional):

• If needed, add more filters to further refine your list based on other criteria.
    7. Save the Smart List:

• Click "Save" to save your smart list. It will now include people who have visited your web page from the specified IP address.
    8. Review and Use the Smart List:

• Review the list to ensure it meets your criteria.
      • Use this smart list for targeted campaigns, reports, or any other purpose within Marketo.

By following these steps, you can effectively filter and add people with a certain IP address to a smart list in Marketo.

kami
Level 4

@canneberg Looks like it will work:

You could set the webpage to the page you think that they are signing up to track your campaigns on, then filter by IP Addresses.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.51.37β€―AM.png