🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg 

@Jon_Chen 

Module 2 – Building Assets weekly catch up and quiz

Weekly Check-In: How Was Your Week?

Hey Cohort!

I hope you've all had a productive and insightful week. As we progress through our journey towards becoming Marketo Practitioners, it's crucial to ensure we're all on track and making the most of our study time.

Exam Prep Check-in

Have you had the chance to dive into the exam prep for the Marketo Practitioner exam this week? It's a good time to reflect on your progress and make sure you're covering all the necessary material. Remember, consistency is key!

Questions About Building Assets in Marketo

One of the core topics we'll be tested on is Building Assets in Marketo. This includes everything from creating effective landing pages and forms to setting up smart campaigns and engagement programs. Do you have any questions or areas where you need further clarification? Don't hesitate to reach out – we're here to help each other succeed!

Ready for the Weekly Quiz?

As always, we have our weekly quiz to test your knowledge and reinforce what we've learned. It's a great opportunity to identify any gaps and solidify your understanding. Are you ready to take on this week's challenge?

Feel free to share your thoughts, questions, and any challenges you're facing. Let's keep supporting each other as we work towards our certification.

Looking forward to hearing from you all, keep the questions coming.

Here is Module 2 – Building Assets quiz for you.

https://forms.gle/JEyDsacmvRP1vBJz6

Happy Friday and weekend all.

Zoe_Forman

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi all,

I can see your quiz responses, keep them coming and keep trying until you get 10/10.

There was a tricky one this week where there could have been 2 possible answers - its knowing the preference of Adobe Marketo.

If you don't have an exam voucher ready for your Practition exam fill in this form for 50% off exam vouchers:

https://forms.office.com/r/M0QZUCbAKG

There will also be a 100% off (free) voucher for one of you in this cohort - based on quizzes, questions, engagement.

Keep the questions coming, we are 2/4 modules in the exam prep.

Thanks, Zoe 

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg 

@Jon_Chen 

Ranakaren18
Level 3

Hi @Zoe_Forman  I´ve got 9/10 correct answers 🙂 I was quite sure that I knew the correct answer to What is the primary use of Landing Pages in Marketo? question but I didn´t. I choose the answer that matched to the use we give to landing pages so since I´m also responsible of webinars creation/coordination I want to dig more into the use of landing pages to host webinars 🙂

Zoe_Forman

Hi @Ranakaren18 

Yes, this was the tricky one I was referring to. Looking at the responses, you all chose your most common use case.

There are two correct or possible answers that we use in day-to-day.
It is a legacy answer to why Landing Pages were initially set up for use in Marketo—for Webinars.

Also, the question is based on Marketo Landing Pages. Our company, like many others, embeds Marketo forms on our company domain web pages rather than using Marketo Landing Pages.

As with most things in Marketo, there is more than one way to solve or build a program and how we use Marketo day to day.

matherstone
Level 2

@Zoe_Forman I had a question about duplicates in Marketo. I essentially inherited our company's Marketo account. I checked the possible duplicates report and found that we have over 1,000. I doubt I can merge all these one by one. I am trying to figure out how we got so many duplicates from our CRM in the first place, but I am curious if you have any suggestions for a mass clean-up. 

Zoe_Forman

@matherstone 
You are not alone; we all have duplicates, but not all duplicates can be treated the same.

If the duplicates are in Marketo only, you can go through them manually or ask Marketo support to help you merge in bulk. There are scripts and solutions a developer or agency could help you to merge, but nothing yet is as good as a human pair of eyes and logic.

FIND AND MERGE DUPLICATES IN MARKETO

If your duplicates are in Marketo and a CRM such as Salesforce, then you have more issues. Duplicates using email addresses can appear as leads and contacts, and if they have opportunities associated with them, then this gets very complex. Have a word with your CRM team and ask what processes they have in place for managing duplicates.

We should all keep on top of duplicates; here are a few best practices to follow:

1. Use Marketo Forms or the API:
    • Always encourage lead submissions through Marketo forms or API. These channels automatically check for existing leads with the same email address and prevent duplicate creation.
  2. Sync All Leads to Salesforce (SFDC):
    • Ensure that all leads are synchronised between Marketo and SFDC. This helps maintain consistency and prevents discrepancies due to separate databases.
  3. Educate and Train Sales SFDC Users:
    • Educate your sales team (SFDC users) on lead management best practices.
    • Encourage them to search for leads using email addresses or full names before creating new records. Updating existing records is preferable to creating duplicates.
  4. Regularly Monitor and Deduplicate:
    • Periodically review your lead database for duplicates.
    • Use Marketo’s built-in tools to find and merge duplicate leads.
  5. Merge Duplicate Leads:
    • Go to the Lead Database section in Marketo.
    • Access the “Possible Duplicates” list.
    • Sort by email address to identify duplicates.
    • Select two leads with matching email addresses.
    • Click the “Merge Leads” button.
    • In the merge dialog, choose which values to keep in the merged lead. Combine their entire history while retaining relevant information.

Remember that initial deduplication efforts may require more effort, but maintaining a clean database afterwards is usually straightforward. Make Marketo the single entry point for new leads to minimise duplicate sources and ensure data accuracy.

I spend a few hours every quarter to keep on top of duplicates; you need a good understanding of your company's business priorities, products, services and needs, too. Can you break the 1,000 dupes down by say region/product or top priorities?

Good luck; sometimes it might be worth spending some hours with an agency to get on top of the bulk, and then you maintain monthly.

Zoe_Forman

Hi all – how we getting on, busy busy busy?!

Module 3 is approximately a third of exam questions and covers: Defining and Targeting Audiences (33%)

This section of the exam will test your ability to understand the following aspects of Defining and Targeting Audiences:

• Create/Modify Smart Lists.
  • Understand Smart Campaign flow steps.
  • Understand how to schedule and/or activate Smart Campaigns.
  • Interpret Smart Campaign results.
  • Describe the purpose of a segmentation and its use.
  • Identify and navigate the Database.
  • Explain how to set privacy settings in Adobe Marketo Engage.
  • Differentiate between Smart Lists and Static Lists.
  • Define system Smart Lists.
  • Compare and contrast the different types of Smart Campaigns.
  • Understand how Smart Campaign triggers and filters work.
  • Differentiate the different list imports.

This module is a deep dive into Email marketing, Smart Lists, Static Lists, Find and Merge People, Smart Campaigns, Personalisation and list imports.

The LEARN MORE links will show you how they all come together.

Keep those questions coming!

@solson2 
@matherstone 
@Ranakaren18 
@Clayosa 
@kami 
@Sandeepkumar2 
@canneberg 

@Jon_Chen 

canneberg
Level 3

Hi @Zoe_Forman - I missed two answers from last week's quiz and I wanted to chat about these. 🙂

For "What is the primary use of landing pages in Marketo?" -- Are landing pages in Marketo thought to be used only (or mainly) for events? I was surprised that the "To capture leads and provide information" was incorrect as that is something I've done with success for a while now (setting up a form in the design studio, referencing it within a Marketo landing page, and allowing users to submit information for something like an email with downloads, etc.). The answer of "To host webinars" seemed simplistic to me, though definitely something one of those pages could be used for. Especially for users that build webinar hosting in things like Teams, CEvent, GoToWebinar, etc.

The other question I missed was silly on me, but "Which of the following is an example of a local asset in Marketo?" -- I forgot that you can technically build a form locally within a program -- mainly because that is something another Marketo user I work with handles. When one does that approach locally, is the form then available for global use outside of that singular program? For example, you build a landing page to capture information for a quote on a new product, and you happen to need a new form to capture the correct contact information. If you wanted to use that form elsewhere, could you technically reference the 4-digit form ID elsewhere in other needs/programs? I suppose a potential downside of that is if you have a trigger-based smart campaign that is unique to that form which would do something with that submital if its used in a separate smart campaign (AKA 'if user fills out form (####) send them this email', and you never turn that off or archive is appropriately so you could be reacting to that form fill from two very different campaigns twice over). Perhaps the workaround from that is attaching contraints onto your smart list logic of "if form fill comes from this #### from this webpage/referrer...

Zoe_Forman

Hi @canneberg 

For "What is the primary use of landing pages in Marketo?" technically there are two correct answers - Webinars/Events and lead capture. The subtle difference is that Marketo Landing Pages were primarily set up for managing webinar registration, waiting room, waitlists and email communications. Marketo forms can be added to Marketo Landing pages and also embedded on your company webpages and domain to capture leads.

This is legacy question from before third party webinar providers natively integrated into Marketo. Now there are so many you would set up the webinar provider via LaunchPoint as a service.

Agree most of us use landing pages to host forms to capture leads on our company web pages but we also use LP to manage events/webinars programs.

For "Which of the following is an example of a local asset in Marketo? all listed assets are examples used in Marketo.

Local forms can be cloned and used in other programs, however you are better off creating the global forms and using them on multiple landing pages using a Smart Campaign to capture the form fills from the referrer (web page url).

Yes you can use the form ID 1234 as the identifier in the Smart Campaign - you link the Form ID with the webpage in a trigger to capture and report on a specific landing page or campaign activity. Again set up a program template that you can use over and over with specific forms / landing page URLS

You can add additional filters such as Country/Region or use segmentation as required in the Smart Campaign Program around the form fill trigger

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 22.40.11.png

Does this help or do you want more detail or examples?

canneberg
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman - Sorry I didn't reply back to you sooner. I couldn't log in for many days and somehow something just worked and let me back in! Anyways, yes this all makes sense and is helpful context. Appreciate the clarity!