Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Zoe Forman (@Zoe_Forman) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Zoe:

Surfs Up Zoe.jpg

Senior Marketing Operations EMEA, MSA Safety

I am an experienced marketing operations and digital marketing leader with a track record spanning start-ups to enterprise-level organizations. As an Adobe Marketo Admin and User for the past five years, I bring a wealth of expertise to the mentor role. 

I am proud to have been named a Marketo Champion for 2023-2024, serve as a Marketo Community Nation Advisor, and co-lead the Ireland Marketo User Group (MUG). I am a Marketo Certified Expert x2.

Alongside my professional achievements, I have a passion for problem-solving, sharing knowledge, LEGO, engaging in conversations about Marketo tips, and simply sharing insights and best practices.

Aspirants mapped to @Zoe_Forman 

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. Mikita Leichyk
  8. @canneberg 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirantsโ€™ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 โ€“ June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Zoe, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what youโ€™re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Zoe and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

106 REPLIES 106
kami
Level 4

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Zoe Forman] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

@Zoe_Forman @solson2 @matherstone @Ranakaren18 @Clayosa 

I am excited to get started and would love to connect on linkedin or via email if anyone else would like to connect:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaminelson/ 

Kami@Tiresocks.com

kami
Level 4

Hello@Zoe_Forman and fellow Aspirants,

My name is Kami Nelson, and I am thrilled to join this mentorship program. I am based in the Greater Denver Area, where I serve as the Creative and Marketing Director at TireSocks, Inc. I have been with TireSocks since 2017, overseeing all strategic decision-making related to the creative and marketing aspects of the brand. My responsibilities include coordinating with the President to create and manage our annual marketing budget, overseeing press and media relations, designing advertisements, maintaining our internet presence, and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies. Additionally, I run my own small business, Beyond Wonderland Creations, where I channel my passion for art and design into creating and selling unique products: https://beyondwonderlandcreations.com/ 

I have 20+ years of experience in web and graphic design and have been in the Marketing world for the past 7 years. My journey with Adobe Marketo Engage has been a transformative experience, helping me to streamline our marketing efforts and achieve better engagement with our audience. I am excited to learn from all of you and to share my experiences and insights.

Looking forward to connecting and collaborating with everyone!

Best regards,

Kami

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Welcome aboard @kami 

Thanks for the introduction and we will build on your Marketo skills and give you an insight into the power of Marketo and how it can transform, improve efficiency and show the adaptability of your marketing campaigns.

Are you mainly B2B or B2C or a mix?

Thanks, Zoe 

kami
Level 4

We are 80% B2B and the rest B2C but are expanding our product line in the B2C market now. 

Iโ€™ve been using marketo since January so I'm very new, but am so excited to learn more and even thinking of venturing off into velocity scripting as I have my MAS in web development.

I also love to mentor and teach so I'm excited to share my newly gained knowledge with my assistant as we start on this journey into marketo. Her and I are the only two people doing all the creative and marketing for our business. 
kami
Level 4

My biggest marketo questions currently:

1. What are good best practices and good ways of naming programs, emails, form, etc. to most efficient and keep it clean and tidy?

2. Iโ€™m starting to work on lead scoring what must I need to know and does anyone have a good starting list or resources for questionnaires for my sales team to help set up the lead scoring points and system?

Zoe_Forman

Two great topics - naming convention and lead scoring.

I will make sure we cover those both and have naming convention early so you have a good logical start to build on.

As you get more experience from Practitioner to Expert then you can help your team and also encourage them to join the next cohort as a mentee.

Zoe_Forman

Hi @kami 

Here is a link to best practise for naming programs: Program Naming Best Practices - Marketing Nation (marketo.com)

We will look at this in the Program Creation module as well.

Naming should be standardised within your company but can be customized to your company's needsโ€”global, regions, business units, and the type of content you create and shareโ€”white Papers, Webinars, Tradeshows, and newsletters.

Here are some examples:

• Fiscal Year & Quarter > YYYYโ€”QX
  • Region value (without brackets) > EMEA / LAR / NNA / APAC
  • 2-character acronym for program type > CT= Content such as whitepaper,  WB =webinar, TS - Tradeshow
  • 4-digit code > XXXX (see "About the 4-digit code" )
  • Capital abbreviation for Market Category (without brackets) > Industrial/ Fire / Utilities / Technology etc.
  • Short name for the campaign, content or event
  • Example:
    2021-Q3-GLOBAL-CT-5526-IND-Fall Protection whitepaper
kami
Level 4

Thank you for the great example, this is exactly what I needed.

Looking at the link to the resource can you explain a few things? 

1. What are RCE reports? 

2. What do the abbreviation below stand for?
Workspaces example

• APAC
  • EMEA
  • NAM
Zoe_Forman

Hi @kami 

RCE stands for Revenue Explorer Reports. In this report, you add a period cost to a specific event or webinar, and you can see the cost per lead, new person, MQL (or success) and can see all costs by channel ( event, social media, advertising) in one place.

Not all Marketo Engage users have purchased this functionality. Contact the Adobe Account Team (your Account Manager) for details.

If you don't have RCE as an active feature in your instance, you can still add period costs and report at the program levelโ€”for example, each event.

If you do have RCE then here is a document to setup reports:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/reporting/revenue-cycle-analyt...