🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

ryshgs
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

This week (Week 2) we will be covering Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (Module 2) in the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Prep Guide. 

This module is the most important module as it equates to approx. 50% of the material in the guide and on the exam!

Reviewing this content will likely take 3-4 hours, please aim to do this before Friday morning, as I will post a quiz Thursday night (PT) for you to complete. 

If you have any questions while reviewing the content or on the quiz, please post in the thread and tag me so I can review and respond. 

Let's get certified! 

Ryan 

ryshgs
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ryan Laushway] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

ryshgs
Level 3

Week 2 Quiz 

@Shyamanjan @saurabhmce @ujjawalmaneriya @jasmin10 @djhoward @BhaskarNaik 

1. A Marketer has been tasked by their legal team to track some data when someone unsubscribes from a Marketo email. The info they need to provide legal for record keeping, is as follows: 

• email address  
  • time and day  
  • reason they unsubscribed (field on the form) 
  • program name  

Which combination of token types should the Marketer use? 

1. Lead/Person, System, Program 
  2. Lead/Person, System, Trigger 
  3. Lead/Person, System, Unsubscribed, Trigger 
  4. Lead/Person, System, Unsubscribed, Program 

2. True or False – You can use Webhooks in Add Choice in a flow step i.e.. If Webhook is Called send x email, if Not Webhook is Called send y email 

3. A Marketer wants to use a Program Member Custom Field {{member.webinar url}}, in a snippet in the registration confirmation email. How would they do this? (select one)

1. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, add the snippet to the email 
  2. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, edit the default value, add the snippet to the email 
  3. Reach out to Marketo Support to create a custom Velocity Script 
  4. There is no way to achieve this 

4. What are the ways that someone can bypass the communication limit to send a marketing email? (select all that apply) 

1. There is no way to achieve this 
  2. In Admin -> Communication Limit Settings deselect block marketing emails 
  3. In the smart campaign change the qualification rules to not block non-operational emails 
  4. Mark the Email as Operational 

5. A new Marketo client is trying to determine if their event program should have its own form or use a global form. Select all the benefits of using a local form over a global form. 

1. Can Customize Per the Campaign 
  2. Scalable 
  3. Easy to Manage and Maintain 
  4. Acquisition Program is automatically assigned  
ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Hi @ryshgs ,

Sorry for late reply.

Due to some health issue, I have missed the week 1. I have attached my answer below:

Week 1

1. Asset Audit Trail
  2. Web Designer
  3. True
  4. Please explain it more.
  5. Create a Global Token at the Marketing Activities Folder, and reference it in the Program Templates

Week 2

1. Lead/Person, System, Program
  2. False
  3. Create the PMCF field, add the token to the snippet, add the snippet to the email
  4. B,C, D
  5. A, D

Thanks

Ujjawal

ryshgs
Level 3

Hope you are feeling better!

Week 1 Results

1. Correct - Asset Audit Trail
  2. Correct - Web Designer
  3. Correct - True
  4. Typically Workspaces and Partitions are used if there can be absolutely no overlap with audiences, ie. Financial Advisors Vs Investors, from a compliance standpoint they need to be marketed to separately, and can not exist in the same program together. In this case a Financial services company could have a workspace and partition for investors where they build investor specific programs and collect investor specific data, and have an advisor specific workspace and partition where they build those programs and collect those data points. For example for advisors they would collect registered advisor # or company name for example, whereas investor could just be regular people like us.
  5. Correct - Create a Global Token at the Marketing Activities Folder, and reference it in the Program Templates

Week 2 Results

1. Correct - Lead/Person, System, Program

2. Incorrect - Answer is True "Finally, you can use Webhooks in Add Choice in a flow step."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/smart-ca...

3. Incorrect - There is no way to achieve this "Program Member Custom Fields Tokens cannot be used in: email preheader, Date Tokens in Wait Steps, or Snippets." https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/programs...

4. Incorrect - Only B and C are correct, D was a trick answer, the question said to send an marketing email, that was a bit tricky, of course marking it as operational would bypass the communication limit but unless its an operational email we should not do this.

5. Correct - A & D

ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Hi @ryshgs ,

Thanks for sharing the brief details. 

This module is very important for us. Request you to please post few more questions related to this module or share more questions to my email (umaneriya48@rightwave.com).

Thanks

Ujjawal

ryshgs
Level 3

I can't share info outside of this thread, but I will post more questions at the end of week 4 in preparation for the exam for all to see. 

ujjawalmaneriya
Level 2

Thanks @ryshgs , we will wait for your questions and suggestions.

djhoward
Level 2

Hi Ryan and fellow Mentees, 

Here are my Quiz 2 responses, appreciate any feedback or clarity provided!

1. D. Lead/Person, System, Unsubscribed, Program 

2. True

3. B. I believe all snippets need a default value of some sort, but if there was ever a case to not have a default value this might be it.

4. C. This one was tricky, as I almost went the admin route for global limits, but I believe changing the qualification rules in this way will work for just the correlated smart campaign. 

5. A,C,D. Event program specific forms may not be as scalable as a global form, but it can be cloned and adjusted for other event programs. 

ryshgs
Level 3

Thanks for taking the week 2 quiz!

1. Incorrect - There is no Unsubscribe specific Token that would be a lead token, the correct answer is Lead/Person, System, Program https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/demand-generation/landing-page...

2. Correct - True 

3. Incorrect -  While you should have a default value if you are doing personalization, you can not use a PMCF field in a snippet, per the documentation. 

4. Incorrect - Its both B and C, In Admin -> Communication Limit Settings deselect block marketing emails & in the smart campaign change the qualification rules to not block non-operational emails 

- Yes you can overwrite the campaigns compliance to Communications limits in the Schedule tab, but someone could also do this in the Admin section if they had access to Admin. 

5. Incorrect - Only A and D apply, creating one form per program is not easily maintained, for example if you were doing this pre GDPR, and then GDPR came out you would have had to update each and every form you were using rather than update a global form. You are right when you said Event program specific forms may not be as scalable as a global form, but it can be cloned and adjusted for other event programs, however in the context of this exam question its incorrect as its not maintainable.