Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

suanntan
Level 3

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Ohh thank you for explaining that, @Nehansh . It makes sense that Email Invalid is dependent upon Marketo knowing the email address prior to importing. I'm a little confused how Communication Limits could be a valid answer. Thinking out loud.. is my thinking below correct?

If the campaign runs and the email did not get sent to the 200 records, then they may have met their Communication Limits. If the campaign has YET to run and 200 records are blocked, it is likely due to Durable Unsubscribe since Marketo checks against its internal ledger. 

Nehansh
Level 4

Yes @suanntan, your understanding around durable unsubscribe is correct. Let me clarify the other 2 below:
Email Invalid: This field is checked only after marketo has tried to send an email to a particular records and got Hard Bounced with a certain reason. In that case marketo marks the record as Email Invalid stating that this record shall not be marketed again due to presence of invalid email.
Communication Limits: Communication Limits also apply once you have run a particular campaign as the record will not receive an email.
As in the above question it was specifically mentioned that these records have just been imported into a list and before sending out the first email the given numbers show under qualified and blocked.  For instance, if the question was formualted to say that after running a smart campaign only 1800 of these records were sent emails out of the 2000 records in the static list, in that case both email invalid and communication limits are valid options.

Hope this explanation helps others too. @MMoseley @birbalnegi 

suanntan
Level 3

Yes, it does help a lot. Thank you!

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan @MMoseley @ncnishant14 @birbalnegi 

As we have entered Week 3 of the Mentorship Program, Let's start with the Section 3 of your Exam Prep Guide.

Section 3: Lead and Data Management

• Outline the key decision points in defining the lifecycle model
  • Apply best practices around lead scoring
  • Implement the appropriate, interesting moments
  • Interpret the lead activity log
  • Given a scenario, identify the creation source
  • Demonstrate how to set up a data management program
  • Analyze an instanceโ€™s data quality
  • Identify a few key pieces of Marketoโ€™s data retention policy as it relates to smart lists
  • Summarize how segmentation works
  • Demonstrate the relevance of lead scoring in marketing and sales collaboration

This section checks your expertise in building and implementing processes from scratch in Marketo like Lead Lifecycle and Scoring Model. Prepare yourself to get in-depth questions on program membership, smart list and segmentation criteria and interpretation of activity logs. Make sure to go through all the documentation provided to build a strong fundamental understanding of each of the topics I've mentioned above.

As we are halfway through the Mentorship program, here is a small gift for you from the Marketo team:
Fill out this form and you have a chance to get 50% off Certification voucherhttps://forms.office.com/r/M0QZUCbAKG
(Your engagement plays a key role in getting this voucher, there is a big one coming in the following weeks)
Keep Interacting!

Feel free to drop your queries in the thread. I'll be closely monitoring this thread and try my best to help resolve them.

Make sure to like this post as a sign of acknowledgement.

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi All @suanntan @birbalnegi @MMoseley @ncnishant14 
Please drop a like or reply on this post if you have filled out the voucher form. This is a good one and you should definitely avail the benefit.

suanntan
Level 3

Hi @Nehansh , going through Section 3, I'm noticing that the video (screenshot below) mentions "Lead Status" as a selectable filter when creating operational campaign for lead lifecycle. 

I don't see "Lead Status" as an option in my instance and think it may have been re-named to "Lifecycle Stage". I do see the values of MQL, Recycle, Engaged, etc. in this filter. Just want to confirm this is the correct field to be building Lead Lifecycle Programs since it is different from the video

suanntan_0-1718308430331.png

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan,
Generally there is a Person Status/Lead Status field in every instance but you may or not use the same field for your Lifecycle Setup. Sometimes organisations use person status to reflect Active/Inactive/Customer/Distributor or any other business logic.
In such cases, we prefer to create a new Custom Field "Lifecycle Status" to be used exclusively for the Lead Lifecycle Model setup.

suanntan
Level 3

Wonderful, thank you!

Nehansh
Level 4

Quiz Time
Hi All @MMoseley @suanntan @ncnishant4 @birbalnegi
It's time for our Week 3 quiz. This quiz is there to assess your knowledge on the items covered under Section 3.

Question: For creating an interesting moment, a developer creates a smart campaign with the trigger as Clicked Link in an Email. They want to add the name of the email asset to populated within the Interesting Moment description. Which token should be used?

1. {{trigger.Trigger Name}}
  2. {{trigger.Name}}
  3.  {{trigger.Email}}
  4. {{trigger.Subject}}

Additional Question: While setting your Lead Scoring Model you are required to score records based on their Job Title. How would you achieve this?

Please make sure to respond to this question, your answers can get you up to 100% off Marketo Exam Voucher.
Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread helps increase your chance to be recognised by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag! 

birbalnegi
Level 2

b. trigger.Name is the token name for name of the asset Preview

Steps to consider while setting-up lead scoring based on Job Title. 

1. Identify roles/levels based and functions that are relevant as per buyer personas. Review the leads database to find out the ideal customers.
  2. Create a scoring method that will assign scoring based on Job levels. For example, C-Level, VP and Head of Departments might get assigned a higher score viz-a-viz a Director or Manager. 
  3. Set-up operational campaigns to apply scores to leads