🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Following the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Prep Guide  we can take this section by section:

Administration and Maintenance (12%)

Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

Lead  Management (12%)

Lead Management  (10%)

Reporting (4%)

Best Practices (16%)

Workspaces & Partitions  under the first section: Administration & Maintenance. It's obviously very useful to have admin access to a Marketo instance to be able to get familiar with this section. If there's anyone in the group who doesn't have this access let me know and I will try to find a solution.

Alysha’s video is fantastic so check it out!  For me, to remember the differences:

Workspaces:

• Workspaces = Separate marketing regions / brands assets
  • Use workspaces to organize marketing activities by region or brand. You can share / clone assets between them.

Lead Partitions

• Lead Partitions = Separate contact lists.
  • Use lead partitions to ensure leads from different regions or brands don't mix.

The next important part is understanding the relationship between the two. Workspaces are given access to partitions - One workspace can have access to a single partition or many. Partitions can be assigned to multiple workspaces. How you set this up is

Documentation for Workspaces and Person Partitions

- Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions

- Create a new Workspace**

- Create a new Partition

- Workspaces User Access

Helping companies increase revenue by leveraging technology and data.
marypaine
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks for this, Josh!

Can we expect a quiz question(s) at some point this week as well for the Admin/Maintenance section? And possibly a second set for the Marketing Activities/Campaign Management section since we're in the second week now?

FaizalR
Level 2

Hi @Josh -

Below is my current score -

FaizalR_0-1717841146849.png

Below are the questions where I dont have clue about any answer

FaizalR_1-1717841193822.png

FaizalR_2-1717841204778.png

FaizalR_3-1717841213638.png

FaizalR_4-1717841220434.png

FaizalR_5-1717841225960.png

FaizalR_6-1717841236786.png

FaizalR_7-1717841243905.png

If you can prepare a short loom video on these topics it would be great.

Thanks

Faizal

VishGupta
Level 2

Faizal, have you gone through the full study guide already, I fear some of this is a learn by do situation but things like period costs are covered in the study guide.

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

Hi Faizal! 
Sorry for the delay but here is a video explaining these questions / answers

Marketo Expert (AD0-E559) - Q&A.webm

mentor-qna.jpeg

TLDW;

Question 1: Select a row of data and Drill Down

Question 2: After the four casts, they must manually declare a champion by selecting the winner and declare date.

Question 3: 

• "Align Sales and Marketing objectives when designing a Lead Scoring model."
  • "Ensure the Adobe Marketo Engage Scoring field's type is Score"

Question 4: Filled Out Form: {{trigger.Name}} on {{trigger.Web Page}} 
Additional context: Trigger Tokens for Interesting Moments

Question 5: The programs do not have a period cost associated to them.
Additional context: Understanding Period Costs

Question 6: I can't see the options, do you have them?

Question 7: Tradeshow is not a possible value for the Registration Source Type field.”
Additional context: Possible Values for Original and Registration Source Type

If anyone has other questions please share them.  And if it's useful maybe we can have a call and do an "ask me anything" session.

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

I found Question 6:
The answer will be "This lead was merged with another lead".  The reason is that you can see specific activity BEFORE the "New Person" activity.  This means there must have been more than one lead at some point. Typically this is also accompanied by a "Merge Leads" activity which makes it more obvious.

Josh_1-1718328308508.png

Josh_0-1718328097949.png

Here's a great post on the topic of merges: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/understanding-merges-in-marketo/ta-p/249697

FaizalR
Level 2

Hi @Josh ,

I am unable to watch the video with my email id - faizalreza16@gmail.com. Can you kindly provide permissions on this email id.

Thanks

Faizal

apeters
Level 1

Thanks for this Josh! I unfortunately do not have admin access in my Marketo instance. I have skipped this section of the prep guide for now. It's the one part of Marketo I don't have a ton of experience with so I once I move to that section in the guide I'll be sure to reach out for help if needed.  

marypaine
Level 2

I'm working through this week's module, Lead and Data Management, and just want to confirm if I'm understanding Trigger Tokens used for Interesting Moments correctly. They've always given me a tiny bit of trouble!

Example: A smart campaign looking at form fills for Super Cool Event.

• Interesting Moment: {{trigger.Trigger Name}} - {{trigger.Name}}
  • Populated text: "Fills out Form - Super Cool Event Form Name"?

Also, if any of my fellow aspirants use Trigger Tokens often in their Interesting Moments, I'd love to hear how! 😁

VishGupta
Level 2

Hi there Mentor Josh, and my fellow mentees,

I have been going through the exam guide and was a little startled at the volume and specifics around webhooks and POST, GET, HTTPS information. As a Marketo Admin, but not an architect, I have little reason to do a lot of this, do we anticipate this being on the exam?

Additionally a bit of feedback on the practice test, I find that the questions I miss are usually due to the unclear wording as opposed to my lack of understanding of the material, for example, in the question below, I was marked as having the wrong answer, however, I am not sure I agree that this question is me answering incorrectly since 0 information is provided about if the campaigns that went out prior, or are going out next, are operational emails or not. I notice I often read and re-read these questions and feel there is an element of trickery or ultra specificity that really doesn't evaluate my mastery of the material, I worry that the questions are so challenging for a native english speaker, that it must be 10x worse for non-native speakers. I was curious if Marketo would consider reviewing the practice test questions, and how they are written for better clarity and accessibility. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 6.44.10 PM.png