🗣️ [Mentor Carla Cabaceira] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

tshewang
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Carla Cabaceira] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @Carla_Cabaceir1 

Answer: B) To automate marketing activities and workflows

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Carla Cabaceira] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thank you for your engagement, @tshewang; your answer is correct!

B) To automate marketing activities and workflows

Carla Cabaceira
Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

Happy Wednesday everyone!

1. @Tonita 
  2. @abilashbaskaren 
  3. Josie Groom 
  4. @SunnyD 
  5. @tshewang 
  6. @Kiran 

Q: What are smart campaign flow steps?

A: Smart Campaign flow steps are the actions that Marketo will execute on leads that qualify for the campaign.

These steps determine what happens to leads once they meet the campaign's Smart List criteria.

Understanding and effectively utilizing Smart Campaign flow steps is essential for automating and optimizing your marketing efforts in Marketo Engage. Familiarize yourself with the different flow actions, learn how to use tokens and conditional steps, and always test and monitor your campaigns to ensure they deliver the desired outcomes. 

Here are a few flow actions:

Flow Actions:

1. Send Email: Sends an email to the qualified leads.
  2. Change Data Value: Modifies the value of a field on the lead record.
  3. Add to List: Adds the lead to a static or dynamic list.
  4. Remove from List: Removes the lead from a static list.
  5. Change Program Status: Updates the lead's status within a program.
  6. Wait: Pauses the flow for a specified amount of time before proceeding to the next step.
  7. Request Campaign: Requests another campaign to run on the lead.
  8. Score: Adjusts the lead score by a specified amount.
  9. Change Owner: Changes the owner of the lead in CRM.
  10. Sync Lead to SFDC: Synchronizes the lead with Salesforce (if integrated).
Carla Cabaceira
tshewang
Level 2

Happy Wednesday @Carla_Cabaceir1 

That's a great explanation about Flow Steps. My personal favorite is using tokens in the Flow Step to further automate our smart campaigns.

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

Hello everyone, I hope this Friday finds you well.

I'm missing participation from most of the people on the team. 

Please let me know how I can help facilitate your learning path to take this exam. What topics are you struggling with? I'm here to help 🙂

Here's some information on visibility rules for forms:

Dynamically Toggle Visibility of a Form Field

Marketo forms have a great feature that lets you dynamically show or hide form fields based on user input. This means you can make additional fields appear only when needed, which makes the form cleaner and more user-friendly. For example, you can set it so that a "State" field appears only if the user selects "United States" as their country.

To set this up, you use Marketo's form editor. Select the field you want to control and create visibility rules based on other fields' values. For instance, set a rule that shows the "State" field only when "United States" is chosen in the "Country" field. This way, the form adapts to user choices, making it more relevant and easier to complete.

More information find it here:

Dynamically Toggle Visibility of a Form Field | Adobe Marketo Engage

1. @Tonita 
  2. @abilashbaskaren 
  3. Josie Groom
  4. @SunnyD 
  5. @tshewang 
  6. @Kiran 
Carla Cabaceira
abilashbaskaren
Level 2

Is there a way to insert Personalisation token in a header banner Image text? I just have a basic understanding that it can be achieved by adding HTML code and overlaying the text elements on the image element. 

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

Hi @abilashbaskaren 

Regarding your question:

Q- Is there a way to insert a Personalisation token in a header banner Image text?

A- I did some research, and I found this step-by-step process; I haven't tried it, so if you end up using this possible solution, please let the team know 🙂

Link to doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UNMOL7_33UPJl8EpToDmGrJA2f1jfEAcPxWhqCIXPkE/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Carla

Carla Cabaceira
abilashbaskaren
Level 2

Hi Carla,

Thank you so much. This was really useful.

I tried and initially there were few errors like image width misalignment with the overall email layout and text rendering outside of the banner container. After tweaking certain elements, I was able to achieve the required results and I am attaching is my Final version of HTML https://docs.google.com/document/d/16pRUqCDqoiDIqS2FUTlVbthzoBXRlsNQ71HFeEGi45Q/edit?usp=sharing 

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

That's awesome @abilashbaskaren ,

thank you for updating it with the latest, this will help everyone else that may have the same question.

Carla Cabaceira
Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 4

Monday Quiz:

What is the purpose of lead scoring in Marketo?

• A. To assign leads to sales reps
  • B. To prioritize leads based on behavior and demographics
  • C. To send personalized emails
  • D. To create Smart Lists
  1. @Tonita 
  2. @abilashbaskaren 
  3. Josie Groom
  4. @SunnyD 
  5. @tshewang 
  6. @Kiran 
Carla Cabaceira