Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Blake Frye] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Blake Frye] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for double checking here. We had an issue with the URLs breaking after the exam content was updated. Please access the below links for your Exam Prep Guides moving forward.

Adobe Marketo Engage (AD0-E555)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/247

Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner  (AD0-E559)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/144

Adobe Marketo Engage Architect (AD0-E560)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/248

We will be setting up redirects for the broken links shortly.

achai
Level 2

Thanks Jon! 

Blake-Lucid
Level 2

Howdy, Aspirants!

Great to meet you all and excited to jump in! I've been using Marketo since ~2015 and currently work at Lucid Software as Sr. Systems Admin.

Assuming most of you have taken the readiness questionnaire, what areas of study are feeling weakest and strongest? 

Also, is there any interest in a working study session over zoom?

Thanks,

Blake Frye
Sr. Systems Admin @Lucid
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/blake-frye/

- Blake Frye
achai
Level 2

Hi Blake, 

These are some initial questions I had when taking the questionnaire:

1. What is a basic setup of a data management/normalization campaign? When they say basic, is there a template I should know of or a certain way of doing it? Similarly, what should a "basic" health check on a customer's data quality include? Any time I see the word "basic", I'm always curious what it means. 
  2. How technical do I have to be with understanding how Marketo integrates with a CRM? 
  3. Should we expect topics on new features/topics like Dynamic chat?
  4. What are the implications of data retention policy, is there a certain policy we should be familiar with? 

Some other topics I noted for myself to study: 

1. Different Report Types in Marketo
  2. Custom activity and custom object uses
  3. PMCF (Program Member Custom Fields?), Tokens, and Emails
  4. Difference between segmentation and smart list 
  5. Progressive profiling and visibility rules marketo
  6. How to manage compliance with global privacy restrictions marketo
  7. A/B Testing
  8. Webinars

Topics I felt Decently Comfortable with: 

1. Smart/Static Lists
  2. Form Usage
  3. Fields Usage
  4. Smart Campaign Setup, logic, flows
  5. Webhooks
  6. Basic Troubleshooting

I'm interested in doing a working study session over zoom! Diana and I already started talking about meeting but had not set up any time yet. 

Blake-Lucid
Level 2

Alison, 

Thanks for these questions! Hopefully the following will help address these, but happy to discuss further over a call: 

• Data Management
    • Take a look through the Exam Prep guide section titled "Section 3: Lead and Data Management"
    • There are program templates that can be imported from "Marketo Program Library" look for one titled  "OP-Data Management".
  • CRM Sync:
    • Understand fundamentals and how the CRM sync works with Marketo. You should be familiar with everything in the Exam guide under the section 1 "How are field details kept in sync between the two systems?" - Also a good idea to explore the product documentation on best practices for syncing records to and from the CRM. 
  • Dynamic Chat
    • It's good to have a foundational understanding of the capabilities but I do not see it on the exam guide. @Jon_Chen Can you confirm? 
  • Other topics of Study:
    • Highly recommend to make use of the Exam Guide and the associated videos. These were key for me when studying.

Hope this helps, good luck! (p.s. watch for a study session invite coming soon)

- Blake Frye
achai
Level 2

Hi everyone! I wanted to follow up about when might be a good time for a study session invite since we are coming into the end of the program next week. What does availability look like? 

@Blake-Lucid @caitmfarrellmck @dianaquintero25 @Sgarg005 

Blake-Lucid
Level 2

Hey Everyone! 

Would tomorrow at 3pm MT or Friday at 10am MT work for anyone for a study session? 

@caitmfarrellmck @dianaquintero25 @Sgarg005 @achai 

Thanks, 

- Blake Frye
achai
Level 2

Hi @Blake-Lucid ! Both of those times could work for me! 

Blake-Lucid
Level 2

Great, @achai , I just sent over an invite for the whole group for 3pm MT today!

- Blake Frye