🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ashleigh Morrow (@AshleighMo), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ashleigh:

 

ashleighmorrow.jpg

A 7-year digital marketing veteran with specialties in marketing automation, strategy and data analytics. Currently leading the strategy and automation for Merkle AMER region as the Manager of Email Marketing and Automation. Certified Business Practitioner Expert and experienced in training and mentoring employees. I have a lot of experience in troubleshooting issues and cleaning up instances in addition to handling migrations from other platforms into Marketo. Over the years I've been able to gain experience in a variety of fields including the highly regulated field of Pharma. I recently became an Adobe Digital Experience Certification Program volunteer to contribute exam questions for the Business Practitioner Expert exam. I have aspirations myself to become an Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master and a Champion. 

Aspirants mapped to @AshleighMo 

1. @mktoMacaque 
  2. @rahulsh 
  3. @SyedHasan 
  4. @uditmathur 
  5. @ggerla
  6. @stevenchung87 
  7. @Brenda_1040  
  8. @kpsingh 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor @AshleighMo, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Ashleigh and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

87 REPLIES 87
uditmathur
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Ashleigh,

Its a pleasure E-meeting you & thank you for Mentoring us during the journey to MCE. 

To introduce myself, I am Udit Mathur located in India. I am working as VP in 18Th Digitech Pvt. Ltd. & have a experience of around 1.5 years with Marketo. Our company is an Adobe Gold Solution Partner.

Looking forward to our more interactions.

AshleighMo
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Udit! I am looking forward to working together over the course of the next few weeks. Exciting stuff ahead!

ggerla
Level 3

Hello hello!
I'm very glad to participate in the mentorship program! I'm Gianluca, and I live in Italy, very close to the lake in Como.

I'm working in a software company in Switzerland, and I've been hired as a web developer, but I moved as a Marketing Technology and Analytics Expert in the last few months.

I've been working with Marketo for 6 years now, but in the last couple of years as the main administrator of the entire system. I'm working mainly with integration, complex flow, webhooks, REST API, and technology backend.

I hope to level up all my Marketo skills and become an Expert by the end of the program, and, why not, an Architect next year!

AshleighMo
Level 4

Hi ggerla! I am happy you are here. Sounds like we could learn a lot from each other as I have been mainly the Martech and Analytics side and only recently venturing more into the web side of things. I am jealous that you live near lake Como, I definitely would love to get over there some day!! 

SyedHasan
Level 2

Hello Ashleigh, it’s great to have you as our mentor. I work as a Marketo Consultant at one of the big 4 firms in India. For quite some time, I’ve been struggling to use Velocity Script in my programs. Although I’ve used it in a very basic manner, I’m now aiming to minimize the number of emails creation in my programs using Velocity Script.

For instance, when creating an ON24 event in Marketo, I typically need to create at least 8 emails. I’m interested in reducing this count by creating a script that allows complete working with minimum emails.

Is this achievable?

Thanks,

Muneer

SyedHasan
Level 2

Hi @AshleighMo, any thought on my query..

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi @SyedHasan ,

Can you elaborate on how are you planning to reduce the number of emails, because for an event program usually the emails created are related to invitation, follow up for register, confirmation of registration, reminder to attend & thank you for attending.

if you go by this minimum of 5 email have to be created.

By using velocity script you can only reduce amount of work needed to set up these emails. 

AshleighMo
Level 4

Hi Syed!

Apologies for the delay in jumping in here, it was a holiday this week here in the United States so I had some time out of office and offline from technology before ramping up in the mentorship program. 

I will echo what Udit has said, you will still need to create those emails but it will reduce the amount of work you need to do for those emails. Think of it similar to dynamic content. You can use the velocity scripting to pull in relevant information to the email but you cannot use velocity scripting to build the email in its entirety. 

I think this would require a bit more background in your event strategy as well. What are you currently doing to market your On24 Events? Sounds like with 8 emails it is likely some combination of an invite, a reminder or 2 (to register and/or that the event is upcoming), a confirmation email, and some follow up emails. 

Depending on the content within those emails you may be able to reduce your workload and the time it takes to create the scripting by utilizing standard tokens and creating some standard templates that you could just plug the information into for each email. But I would need to see more of what you are doing. Happy to help if you want to share more!

SyedHasan
Level 2

Hi @AshleighMo, thanks for your response. So, regarding our events, we are creating ON24 events in Marketo. These events consist of 10 emails. 

1. Invitation 
  2. Thank you for registering 
  3. Reminder (for those who were in the invitation list but has not registered to the event)
  4. Confirmation (for those who have registered. It is sent before 2 working days of event)
  5. Final Confirmation (for the registered people and is sent before 2 hours of event. It has the joining link)
  6. Thank you for attending
  7. No Show
  8. Event Re-schedule
  9. Event Delay
  10. Attended On-Demand

Now, here, I am looking to minimize the count of these emails to save the manual work. What I am trying to do is:

1. I am looking to minimize the count of these emails to at-least 6-7
  2. I am thinking to add a script token. The script token should act at the designated trigger activity and should change the content of an email.

Is it possible to do?

Thanks,

Muneer