Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Brenda_1040
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

These are all great ideas, thanks so much!!

AshleighMo
Level 4

Funny that you bring this up... Hot topic around my company too! 

I am actively working on the strategy and content planning for our own nurtures that are behavior-based. I love that you are thinking that way and trying to make it more personalized to your customers. That is so important!

Tips/Advice: 

-First: Write down the goals/outcome of the nurture.

Draft the strategy before anything else, this is done outside of marketo but just brainstorm the journey that you want your leads to take. What type of content/what topics should be covered per stream/program? This will help inform how many programs or streams may be of need. Then how many emails you will want/need. 

- Along with the strategy, map out the flow. I find doing this on paper is helpful to visualize more complex programs. I draw out the entry/exit points, transition information, etc. That way when discussing with others in the company, I can easily explain the intricacies. 

- Ensure that your content journey matches your buyer journey, meet the customer where they are at. 

- Make sure you are closely monitoring and optimizing as time goes on to make improvements to the program. 

Brenda_1040
Level 2

Happy Friday everyone! Posting my answers for Wednesday's quiz below:

Quiz #3 All about Admin/Maintenance pt 2 - System Managed Fields, Syncing, Audit Trail, 

1. True or False: System Managed Fields are editable fields created by Marketo. FALSE
  2. Marketer ABC is testing a program before launch. They want to discover if their test lead has triggered scoring and other operational style campaigns. To easily see if the lead has run through everything, Marketer ABC should navigate to: 2. Lead Activity Log
  3. While analyzing lead data in Microsoft Dynamics Marketer XYZ noticed an error in the leads record. The Marketer has updated the field to correct the data. The newest member of the team is asking Marketer XYZ if the lead information will sync back to Marketo automatically. Marketer XYZ says that the sync is one-way and they will now need to create a smart campaign to update that information on the Marketo side. Is this true or false? FALSE; The sync is bidirectional, any updates made via Microsoft Dynamics will be updated in Marketo and vice verse.
  4. In Salesforce, there are 3 possible values for SFDC Type. Which combination is correct? 1. Lead, Contact, Empty
  5. You can filter in the audit trail. TRUE; You can filter by date range, user, asset type, and much more!
  6. Which is correct about the audit trail functionality? 4. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 6 months (Marketo doesn't track changes in Web Personalization, Predictive Content, or Sales Insight.) 
stevenchung87
Level 2

1. False
  2. Lead activity log
  3. False (no idea what Microsoft Dynamics is, but presumably data should be syncing bidirectionally)
  4. 1
  5. True
  6. 4
kpsingh
Level 2

1. True
2. Lead activity log
3. False, Lead data will get auto-updated, since its a bi-directional flow with Marketo
4. No idea about SFDC, I am learning.
5. True
6. A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for a 6 month time period

rahulsh
Level 1

Hi Ashleigh,

Apologies for the late introduction. My name is Rahul Sharma (rahulsh), working as a Assistant Marketing Automation Manager with more than 5 years of Marketo working experience. I have cleared MCE exam back in 2019 but missed to renew it, so will try to clear the exam this year. 

I am really excited to be mapped under you and be a part of very talented group for my preparation for the "Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert ".

I am looking forward to learn Marketo not just for clearing the Certification exam but also to evolve as a Marketo expert and a top leader for my company when it comes to Marketo knowledge, will focus more on Marketo Admin in future. 

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi @AshleighMo ,

As we approach the last leg of the Mentorship program, i will like to ask you if you could provide us with some high level understanding on Marketo CRM Integration.

Some points i will like to have a broad understanding will be:

• How the integration with SFDC & Dynamics work.
  • What field can be & should be mapped.
  • How marketo campaigns be synced between SFDC/Dynamics.
  • How Marketo custom fields are mapped in CRM.

I will also request others to add to this if you feel.

TIA.

Brenda_1040
Level 2

I would also like to better understand the integration with Dynamics for Marketo, as my experience has only been in Salesforce. Is it fair, at a high overview, to view it similar as how SFDC works with Marketo?

Thanks!

AshleighMo
Level 4

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh 

Happy Monday, I am going to post a few quizzes this week (possibly all of them today) to make sure all of the content for the exam prep is covered before we end the program. I will post the answers by mid-end of week to give everyone time to review. I know the expectation is that next week everyone would be taking their exams and/or reviewing final materials, then we have the rewards! Do you all have an exam scheduled yet? Curious to hear.

Quiz #4: All about personalization / tokens - Marketing Activities

1. A token is set up as follows:{{lead.Company Name:default=Your Company}} What is the purpose of the “default=” value in a token? 
    1. Serves as a reminder to fill in the required information manually
    2. It will display exactly as written when rendering in an asset “Default=YourCompany”
    3. It will display a unique value for each lead depending on the information in that field
    4. It will display the same value for each lead based on the value after the equal sign if there is no value in the tokenized field.
  2. Where can a token be used in an email? Select all that apply
    1. Body Copy
    2. From Email Address
    3. From Name
    4. Subject Line
  3. True or false: A token can be used anywhere in an email using Marketo’s Email Builder
  4. Marketer ABC is creating an event program for a webinar their company is hosting next month via a third party platform. Marketer ABC is trying to decide which token is the appropriate one to use to deliver a unique URL to each registrant to join the webinar. Which token is the correct one to use for this situation?
    1. {{my.Webinar URL}}
    2. {{member.Webinar URL}}
    3. {{program.Webinar URL}}
    4. {{lead.Webinar URL}}
  5. My Tokens can be utilized when sending an email from Sales insight on either Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce. True or false

Fun fact: There is a naming structure for where tokens are created. 

Local Token: created in that program or folder (token is local to the program)

Inherited Token: Token created up the tree in a higher level program or folder

Overridden Token: Inherited and someone made an exception in the program or folder

You can create global variables (tokens) and then override them at lower levels in the tree.

Because of this, make sure that references to tokens are not broken when you are moving programs and folders. 

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi @AshleighMo ,

My answer for Quiz 4 are as below.

Quiz #4: All about personalization / tokens - Marketing Activities

1. A token is set up as follows:{{lead.Company Name:default=Your Company}} What is the purpose of the “default=” value in a token? NON OF THE OPTIONS ARE CORRECT. "default=" will display "Your Company" if the token lead.Company Name is empty or Null.
    1. Serves as a reminder to fill in the required information manually
    2. It will display exactly as written when rendering in an asset “Default=YourCompany”
    3. It will display a unique value for each lead depending on the information in that field
    4. It will display the same value for each lead based on the value after the equal sign
  2. Where can a token be used in an email? Select all that apply ALL OPTIONS ARE CORRECT. 
    1. Body Copy
    2. From Email Address
    3. From Name
    4. Subject Line
  3. True or false: A token can be used anywhere in an email using Marketo’s Email Builder TRUE
  4. Marketer ABC is creating an event program for a webinar their company is hosting next month via a third party platform. Marketer ABC is trying to decide which token is the appropriate one to use to deliver a unique URL to each registrant to join the webinar. Which token is the correct one to use for this situation? OPTION 4.
    1. {{my.Webinar URL}}
    2. {{member.Webinar URL}}
    3. {{program.Webinar URL}}
    4. {{lead.Webinar URL}}
  5. My Tokens can be utilized when sending an email from Sales insight on either Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce. True or false FALSE - My tokens does not work with MSI.