Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

AshleighMo
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh 

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. If you have not answered the quiz yet, please head over to that here and drop your answers. Remember, there will be prizes for engagement and quiz answers! Once you have completed the quiz, come back to this post for the answers and more information on the topic. 😁 

Here are the answers to Quiz #2: All about Admin/Maintenance pt 1 - User roles and permissions.

1. B - Standard User
  2. D - Admin 
  3. True - You can select the permissions for the roles that you can create and edit. Remember that you cannot modify Admin or standard user. 
  4. False - They want to share assets across multiple products so this would not be the best option for them. 
  5. A - Email Templates, Emails, Landing Page Templates, Smart lists: This one is very tricky, on purpose. There are quite a few combinations of assets that can be shared and quite a few combinations of assets that can be cloned. It is very important to know the difference between what can be shared and what can be cloned. The test is designed to be tricky like this question.

I'm sorry that I made it tricky but I want you all to be prepared for the exam because it is designed similarly. It looks like the last one tripped up the majority here so I am sharing more information below on the topics of sharing vs. cloning across workspaces. It's important to remember that Sharing and Cloning are different actions, that is the distinction in that last question.

Sharing across workspaces:

• You can share: Email Templates, Landing page templates, Models, Smart Campaigns, Smart Lists, Segmentations, Snippets (7 items)
  • Only assets in the parent folder can be shared, not child folders. 
  • To share a folder you can right click, click share folder and then select the workspaces that the folder should be shared with. 

Cloning across workspaces: 

• Programs, Emails, Landing Pages, Forms (4) items
  • Clone assets as local assets inside of a program. 
  • You can drag and drop assets into another workspace (if you have appropriate access)
  • If you are cloning an asset that has a template, you must share the template within the workspace that you are cloning to. 

Important note: If a program contains members you cannot move this program to another workspace. 

Use case for workspaces: Marketing assets do not overlap/are entirely different among the spaces. One of the most common use cases is for region: North America, EMEA, APAC, etc. 

Another related topic: Person Partitions - These are essentially separate databases for your leads. They do not interact with each other, meaning there is no de-duping between them and there can be overlap among the partitions. Example, I could sign up for Company A communications and Company B communications. These 2 companies could be owned by the same parent company, but operate with separate partitions. Therefore, I could receive marketing communications from both because I would exist in both of their "databases" if that is how the company has the partition set up.

• There are 3 different configurations for partitions. 
    • 1 to 1 (one person partition to one workspace)
    • 1 to many ( one workspace to many person partitions)
    • many to 1 (Many workspaces to one person partition)

For more on workspaces and partitions, you can read this experience league doc by Adobe.

ggerla
Level 4

Good Monday!

Here are my answers:

1. Standard user
  2. Admin
  3. True
  4. It depends on the context. If we are talking just about sharing assets (images and templates) FALSE: they can just have one default workspace and share the assets. If they need to map out 1:1 Workspace : Product, TRUE, but this is not a sustainable solution (what if 10 products or more? 10 workspaces?)
  5. Technically, all of them but one single element can be shared across workspaces. Emails themselves cannot be shared. They can be cloned.
stevenchung87
Level 2

1. 2. Standard User
  2. 4. Admin
  3. True
  4. False
  5. I honestly didn't know- I knew templates, segmentation and smart lists could be shared, but wasn't certain about the rest.
kpsingh
Level 2

Hey @AshleighMo ,

Please see my response:

1. Standard User
  2. Admin
  3. True
  4. They can create a single workspace and create a branding folder according to the product. With regards to assets and images that can be utilized under the one workspace only.
  5. Smart Lists, Smart Campaigns, Snippets, Segmentation
    I am not sure for the 5th Ans, please explain so I have a better understanding.
AshleighMo
Level 4

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh 

Hello and Happy Wednesday! Halfway through the week and I'm bringing you another Quiz (I will post another this week or early next). 

I want to make sure we get through all of the content before the end of the program. If you are interested in taking the exam soon, you can fill out this application to receive a 50% discount on your exam fee. 

At the end of next week I will be nominating one of you to receive a free test voucher so please make sure you are getting your engagements in (Comment on posts, Start a Post with a question or a problem you are having at work, etc.)! As always, answer honestly without help to assess where you are at in the process. 

Quiz #3 All about Admin/Maintenance pt 2 - System Managed Fields, Syncing, Audit Trail, 

1. True or False: System Managed Fields are editable fields created by Marketo.
  2. Marketer ABC is testing a program before launch. They want to discover if their test lead has triggered scoring and other operational style campaigns. To easily see if the lead has run through everything, Marketer ABC should navigate to:
    1. Person Detail Page
    2. Lead Activity Log
    3. Related Smart Campaigns
    4. Database Tab
  3. While analyzing lead data in Microsoft Dynamics Marketer XYZ noticed an error in the leads record. The Marketer has updated the field to correct the data. The newest member of the team is asking Marketer XYZ if the lead information will sync back to Marketo automatically. Marketer XYZ says that the sync is one-way and they will now need to create a smart campaign to update that information on the Marketo side. Is this true or false? 
  4. In Salesforce, there are 3 possible values for SFDC Type. Which combination is correct?
    1. Lead, Contact, Empty
    2. Lead, Partner, Contact
    3. Partner, Lead, Empty
    4. Client, Partner, Lead
  5. You can filter in the audit trail. True or false
  6. Which is correct about the audit trail functionality? 
    1. A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for all time
    2. A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for a 6 month time period
    3. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 90 days
    4. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 6 months

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you for touching on the topics of CRM integration, this is the part I feel most vulnerable.

1. True or False: System Managed Fields are editable fields created by Marketo. - FALSE system managed fields can not be edited, they can be copied or hidden.
  2. Marketer ABC is testing a program before launch. They want to discover if their test lead has triggered scoring and other operational style campaigns. To easily see if the lead has run through everything, Marketer ABC should navigate toLead Activity Log
    1. Person Detail Page
    2. Lead Activity Log
    3. Related Smart Campaigns
    4. Database Tab
  3. While analyzing lead data in Microsoft Dynamics Marketer XYZ noticed an error in the leads record. The Marketer has updated the field to correct the data. The newest member of the team is asking Marketer XYZ if the lead information will sync back to Marketo automatically. Marketer XYZ says that the sync is one-way and they will now need to create a smart campaign to update that information on the Marketo side. Is this true or false? FALSE Dynamic sync is 2 way but not sure if it can be automatic or not.
  4. In Salesforce, there are 3 possible values for SFDC Type. Which combination is correct? Lead, Contact, Empty Not sure just a wild guess.😁
    1. Lead, Contact, Empty
    2. Lead, Partner, Contact
    3. Partner, Lead, Empty
    4. Client, Partner, Lead
  5. You can filter in the audit trail. True or false TURE
  6. Which is correct about the audit trail functionality? A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for a 6 month time period
    1. A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for all time
    2. A history of everything that has been done in Marketo for a 6 month time period
    3. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 90 days
    4. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 6 months

ggerla
Level 4

Here are my answers:

1. False: System managed Fields are NOT editable fields created (and populated by Marketo).

2. Lead activity log: additionally, this can be filtered by the top Filter action. Anyhow, checking for the campaign RESULTS tab filtered by email, I think is a better way to find if lead went trough the campaign.

3. (Actually, I never used Microsoft Dynamics, but I assume this is exactly how the sync with SFDC is working). False: the sync is 2-way, so if the field is synchronized between Marketo and the CRM, the field will be updated from the integration automatically.

4. Lead, Contact, Empty

5. Yes, mainly by users and action. Then we have assets and workspaces.

6. A history of almost everything that has been done in Marketo for 6 months (This is only about what Marketo users are doing with assets and admin area, but not for the lead info)

AshleighMo
Level 4

Happy Thursday! What projects are you all working on at work this week? Curious to hear what your day to day looks like and if there are any issues we can work on together. 

Answers for Quiz #3#:

1. False - these are NON-EDITABLE fields. 
  2. B Lead Activity Log - While you could certainly see this information in the smart campaigns results it could take awhile to look through multiple campaigns. It is quickest to check that leads activity record to see if all of the appropriate campaigns are tracked. 
  3. False - the sync is bi-directional for lead and contact entities in Marketo. 
  4. A - lead, contact, empty. This is how you determine if a record in Marketo is in SFDC. If it’s empty, it means that the lead does not exist in SFDC. 
  5. True - This will increase ease of use to find a particular scenario. 
  6. D - There is a 6 month history for the audit trail. Marketo does not audit changes made within Web Personalization, Predictive Content or Sales Insight so it technically does not track everything. 
Brenda_1040
Level 2

Hot topic this month are engagement programs, specifically nurture emails! I am trying to help shift my team from only doing drip campaigns to behavior based, so customer/prospects can choose their own journey. 

Would love to hear if anyone currently has this implemented and any tips/tricks for this!

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi Brenda,

I always consider Nurture Programs are the MOST Versatile feature of Marketo. It can make or brake your leads.

I echo your decision to segment your nurture program based on Behavioral scoring of your customers.

To begin i always advice my clients to have a defined Behavioral Scoring system in place duly accepted & vetted with your sales teams.

Decide what your stream cadence will be, this a very important step as too many or too low can take your leads away from your brand.

Once this is in place create your contents in line with the progression of your leads in the sales/ nurture cycle. For example if your leads signup for a demo, what will be the landing page they will be displayed, what will be the content you will be sharing with them before the actual demo & after the demo is done.      

Create separate streams to transition your leads as per your defined lead score.

A good option for your leads if they move away or become your customers is to retarget them & put them back into your nurture program.

Hope this helps.