Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

uditmathur
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi All,

Here are the new Links as posted by @Jon_Chen 

Here are the updated Marketo links.

Adobe Marketo Engage (AD0-E555)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/247

Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner  (AD0-E559)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/144

Adobe Marketo Engage Architect (AD0-E560)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/248

AshleighMo
Level 4

Thank you for jumping on this and providing those updated links, I appreciate it!

AshleighMo
Level 4

Haha I tried to make them tricky and you all did too well (haha). I know that the exam has some tricky ones that really get you guessing so I want to prepare you in case you encounter those. 

AshleighMo
Level 4

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/segments-amp-smart-lists/m-p/349403/highlight/true... - Here is a more in depth thread on Segmentation vs. Smart lists that you all may find interesting after our latest quiz. 

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh 

Brenda_1040
Level 2

Happy Friday! Answers for week 2 quiz below:

Quiz #2: All about Admin/Maintenance Pt 1 - User Roles, Permissions and Workspaces

1. Marketer ABC is starting a new job and will work closely with the platform manager at Company XYZ. Marketer DEF is setting up the user role for the new employee. The main responsibilities for ABC will be building email campaigns, landing pages, and other related programs. Which role  should DEF provide for ABC? 2. Standard User
  2. A marketer needs to assess their field mapping in marketo. They want to determine which fields exist and which are blocked for updates. Which role does the user need in order to access this type of information? 4. Admin
  3. True or false: You can select which permissions are allowed when you create or edit a role. TRUE
  4. Company X is just getting started in Marketo. They have multiple products that they sell. The 4 products are different but there is an opportunity to cross-sell to their audiences using shared assets such as images and emails. They are mapping out the setup of their instance and wondering what the best setup is for them. They think Workspaces will be the best fit for their situation. True or false: They should set up their instance into 4 separate workspaces. FALSE; They share marketing assets so workspaces wouldn't be the best tool for them within Marketo.
  5. Which combination of assets cannot be shared across workspaces? 1. Email Templates, Emails, Landing Page Templates, Smart lists
AshleighMo
Level 4

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh 

Hi all! Before I post another quiz tomorrow I wanted to do a quick check in for the week. How are you feeling about the exam? How is studying going and do you have any specific questions from your studies? Also, how is work going, do you have any specific questions on a project you are working on? Happy to help troubleshoot. 😀

ggerla
Level 4

Hi @AshleighMo

what I can find very helpful is to merge business needs and knowledge, so if I need to understand in a better context to solve a problem or find a solution, I'll double check with the documentation first, I'll look into the community, and search around the internet. 

Vice versa, speaking about segmentations throughout the quiz, I've found some idea to implement in my daily job (eg.: segmentation combination, how to manage them, etc).

Some topics that came out this week in my daily routine were:

- Deliverability issues  (I want 100% !!!! 😁)

- Improve and best practices for Engagement programs

- Dynamic email content vs Different emails - and how to get the best analysis outcome for email programs

- Sync improvement between Marketo and SFDC

Also, I think we can try out the mock exam in the next weeks, and see the results together. This could be totally helpful.

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi,

I will also be interested to have a better understanding around Reporting & CRM Integration.

I think these 2 are the most powerful tools of Marketo & most underrated features at the same time.

Any thing around these topics will always be an addition to our knowledge. 

AshleighMo
Level 4

Quiz #2: All about Admin/Maintenance Pt 1 - User Roles, Permissions and Workspaces

1. Marketer ABC is starting a new job and will work closely with the platform manager at Company XYZ. Marketer DEF is setting up the user role for the new employee. The main responsibilities for ABC will be building email campaigns, landing pages, and other related programs. Which role  should DEF provide for ABC?
    1. Admin
    2. Standard User
    3. Web Designer
    4. Analytics User
  2. A marketer needs to assess their field mapping in marketo. They want to determine which fields exist and which are blocked for updates. Which role does the user need in order to access this type of information?
    1. Marketing User
    2. Standard User
    3. Analytics User
    4. Admin
  3. True or false: You can select which permissions are allowed when you create or edit a role. 
  4. Company X is just getting started in Marketo. They have multiple products that they sell. The 4 products are different but there is an opportunity to cross-sell to their audiences using shared assets such as images and emails. They are mapping out the setup of their instance and wondering what the best setup is for them. They think Workspaces will be the best fit for their situation. True or false: They should set up their instance into 4 separate workspaces.
  5. Which combination of assets cannot be shared across workspaces?
    1. Email Templates, Emails, Landing Page Templates, Smart lists
    2. Landing Page Templates, Email Templates, Snippets, Models
    3. Email Templates, Snippets, Smart Lists, Segmentations
    4. Smart Lists, Smart Campaigns, Snippets, Segmentation

Fun fact: While you can edit some of the roles, you cannot edit all of them. You are unable to edit Admin and Standard User Roles. If you have a unique use case for another type of user, you can create a new role entirely. 

Pro Tip: Find out if your company has a policy/procedure in place for assessing user roles and permissions. There should be at minimum a policy in place to remove users from the instance after a separation (resignation, layoff, etc.) If there isn’t a policy, propose one for brownie points with your boss/HR.

Try your best to answer without any extra help! That way we can accurately assess where you are and what you may need extra help with, it's ok to not know everything. 

We'll discuss these answers on Monday. I have the next quiz ready too so I will post that earlier next week so we can squeeze in 2 quizzes for extra test prep! Have a great weekend. 

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi Ashleigh,

This quiz is really great as it's both to the point & also tricky in term of the interpretation of the feature. Thanks for provide this.

1. Marketer ABC is starting a new job and will work closely with the platform manager at Company XYZ. Marketer DEF is setting up the user role for the new employee. The main responsibilities for ABC will be building email campaigns, landing pages, and other related programs. Which role  should DEF provide for ABC?   
    1. Admin
    2. Standard User - This user role have access to all parts of Marketo except Admin section
    3. Web Designer
    4. Analytics User
  2. A marketer needs to assess their field mapping in marketo. They want to determine which fields exist and which are blocked for updates. Which role does the user need in order to access this type of information?
    1. Marketing User
    2. Standard User
    3. Analytics User
    4. Admin - Field management is part of the Admin Section of Marketo, so anything related to this need to have Admin access.
  3. True or false: You can select which permissions are allowed when you create or edit a role.  TRUE
  4. Company X is just getting started in Marketo. They have multiple products that they sell. The 4 products are different but there is an opportunity to cross-sell to their audiences using shared assets such as images and emails. They are mapping out the setup of their instance and wondering what the best setup is for them. They think Workspaces will be the best fit for their situation. True or false: They should set up their instance into 4 separate workspaces. TRUE -  Images can be shared across workspaces by putting them in Default folder & Emails by cloning as local assets. 
  5. Which combination of assets cannot be shared across workspaces? - CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THIS QUESTION AS ALL 4 COMBINATIONS CAN BE SHARED ACCROSS WORKSPACES.
    1. Email Templates, Emails, Landing Page Templates, Smart lists
    2. Landing Page Templates, Email Templates, Snippets, Models
    3. Email Templates, Snippets, Smart Lists, Segmentations
    4. Smart Lists, Smart Campaigns, Snippets, Segmentation